The AM Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:41:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ?sending pix,etc to forums?  (Read 15055 times)
ve6pg

« on: September 02, 2005, 03:22:29 PM »

hi from tim..how do i send a file,or a pic to the various sections in the forum?..sk..

...Yes, my name is Tim Smith...sk..
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2005, 03:36:30 PM »

hi from tim..how do i send a file,or a pic to the various sections in the forum?..sk..

If you mean like posting or attaching a picture from your PC, click on "Additional Options..." and then click browse. Max. size is 300 KB per post.
Here's one from the hard drive:

* Classic_jukebox.gif (14.88 KB, 75x122 - viewed 1398 times.)

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
ve6pg

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2005, 07:00:04 PM »

...ok pete..i have a dwg,of an antenna,160-6,homebrew..where/how would it be sent to? in other words,how would one write,and send an article to the forum?...tnx..tim...sk..

Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2005, 08:11:51 PM »

...ok pete..i have a dwg,of an antenna,160-6,homebrew..where/how would it be sent to? in other words,how would one write,and send an article to the forum?...tnx..tim...sk..

You create a message like I'm doing now. Then to add a drawing, schematic, etc. that you have saved on your hard drive, go to the down left side of this window where you are writing this message and click on Additional Options. I just did this and now I click on Browse which points me to my hard drive. I look around at my various Directories until I find the picture, schematic, etc. I want to attach to this message for all to see. I double click on the image and the complete location string appears in the window to the left of "Browse". Note: you cannot preview the message with the image  when you make this type of attachment. Hit Save and the image will upload from your computer to the board message you just wrote. People who want to read your message will also see the image, schematic, etc. Max. attachment size is 300 KB.

I now want to add additional image to this post so I when back to my original message and clicked the "modify" button which is located at the top. I click Additional Options again and it will ask me if I still want my first image to also remain. If you don't, unclick the check mark box. I click "Browse" again to view my Directories to find the additional image. When I find it, I double click it and the complete location string will appear in the field to the left of "Browse". Hit Save like before and it will upload this image. The time and date of Editing will appear at the bottom.

* antennascope.gif (2.13 KB, 285x243 - viewed 1615 times.)

* antenna splitter.gif (5.22 KB, 646x369 - viewed 1875 times.)

Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2005, 08:39:43 PM »

You notice that the second image didn't come out very readable. If you have Image Composer or something similar on your machine, click on the link directly below the picture. In this case it's " antenna splitter.gif". Your local program generally can make the picture very viewable.

ve6pg

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2005, 10:17:52 PM »

..ok pete,i'm going to give it a try,i'll do it here,in this forum,in the case it may not werk...tim..sk..

* 160-6 VERT.jpg (93.22 KB, 850x1100 - viewed 1533 times.)

Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2005, 10:47:01 PM »

..ok pete,i'm going to give it a try,i'll do it here,in this forum,in the case it may not werk...tim..sk..

Easy as eating pie with your fingers. Note, when you quote the message with the picture, the picture will not be in the quote.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015