The AM Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:58:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: R-390A Alignment ...  (Read 3519 times)
michaelC
« on: August 27, 2005, 12:45:42 PM »

Hello All,
Mike Castellana, Framingham Ma here ...
W1DAN suggested I post here re- help aligning a very clean R-390A (67' EAC) I recently picked up.

I'm fairly sure set is in the ballpark as I get strong calibration signals throughout range but I'm also fairly sure it could be better as radio doesn't perform much better than other receivers in the "shack".

I'm more than willing to travel a bit and of course also more than willing to compensate for time and help...

Soonest I'd be able to start this process would be end of September as I'll be out of town till' then.

Thank you all for such an excellent site and contributions... I enjoy listening in on AM QSO's on 75m very much. I had my Novice when I was a kid and am really considering taking the test in the near future.

Best regards,
Mike

WV Hoopie
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2005, 02:50:58 PM »

Surely one of the Northeast Gangsta's will be an elmer and get you started. If you haven't already, a Y2K manual downloaded from one of several sites on the web will answer many of your future questions.

The following URL will lead to a great e-mail reflector with tons of info on your new toy. 

http://mailman.qth.net/mailman/listinfo/r-390

Good Luck,
Hoopie,

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015