The AM Forum
March 29, 2024, 06:26:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Black Robed Gangsters and the Insurance Mafia  (Read 4505 times)
W1UJR
« on: August 16, 2005, 08:39:18 PM »

Ok Deano, now's your chance!

Borrowing the words of that geat patriot from Liberty Corner.

Hold forth Dean....
wa1knx
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2005, 10:01:02 PM »

Hey Bruce,
      The supreme court decision about private eminent domain is one of the worst ones I've ever seen.  I owned 20 acres near rt290 and rt495
in MA. years ago on a hill with views.  There are condos going in at the lower end of my old land now.

If I still owned it, my hill would be a premo site for condos with distant views.  And the town "fathers" would be now free to take my land, tose me out - hand me a undeveloped price, and out I'd go,
towers and all.  The developer would make a killing. all the condos
would add to the towns revenue. This is a skanky ruling.  Fortunately
both the gops and dems are appalled by it. 

Last I heard was legislation in works to revoke all *federal* funds to any town/state that practices this.

I hope the GD Black Robed Gangsters lose their family homes! And that
this gets overturned!

am forever!
W1UJR
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2005, 07:43:20 AM »

I hope the GD Black Robed Gangsters lose their family homes! And that
this gets overturned!

Amen to that.
There is something deeply and morally wrong about a public taking for profit.
For a road, perhaps, a school maybe, but to line the pockets of a private individual, never.
Worse yet is when local goverment, set up to SERVE the people, instead takes FROM the people to perpetuate it own existance.

I know the local governments use the justification of increased tax income, after all Dean, your bare land is worth less than if it developed with condos and homes by some noble individual.
Wrong, wrong, wrong.

What if you buy 50 acres around your home as a buffer?
Should it not be your right to keep it free and clear?
But under the current court ruling a private developer can argue that you are not properly utilizing that land to the highest public good and force eminent domain proceeding and take your land, after compensation of course.
Such compensation may pay for the land value, but not the setting, all too often such property is simply not replaceable.

The only hope which I do hold out is that future Supreme Court appointees hold a more traditional view of the rights afforded United States citizens under our Constitution.

The United States Constitution is the only document on which local, state and federal laws must be based on.
As such the Constitution it is the sole checkpoint and guarantee of personal rights and never must a law or court ruling infringe upon it. This is something the black robed gangsters conveniently forgot in the recent eminent domain ruling.

The bromide "A man's home is his castle." is only true if one who has deeper pockets does not covet such.
In older times "kings" and "nobles" used phyiscal force to take from subjects, now they use the courts.
WA1GFZ

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2005, 09:30:22 AM »

Gee it was OK when W needed land for his baseball team.

I have friends in New London Ct. There is a lot going on now and
will really boil if these people lose their homes to big business greed.

"America Where are you now"

Conservative my bung hole
WV Hoopie
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2005, 11:50:21 AM »

By comparison, Jessie James was a gentleman. He put a gun to your head while robbing.  Grin

Hoopie,
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015