The AM Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:42:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maximizing and Preserving AM Spectrum!  (Read 65554 times)
W2INR
Radio Syracuse
Founding

Syracuse Radio W2INR

« Reply #75 on: September 06, 2005, 07:08:59 AM »

maaN eYe cud uzzz cistum weyed spel chekin here.

G - The INR

Amateur Weather Station KNYSYRAC64
Creator - owner - AMfone.net - 2001 - 2010
Founding Member - NEAR-Fest
SWLR-RNØ54
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #76 on: September 06, 2005, 08:57:08 PM »

"Ah, forgot; A Mac user is like a computer OS bible beater."

You're wrong again Pete. No one beating an OS bible. You asked a question and I answered it. If you don't like the answer, that's your problem.

The solution is available. If you choose not to utilize it, further complaints are just whining. Roll Eyes
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #77 on: September 07, 2005, 03:03:39 AM »

"Ah, forgot; A Mac user is like a computer OS bible beater."

You're wrong again Pete. No one beating an OS bible. You asked a question and I answered it. If you don't like the answer, that's your problem.

The solution is available. If you choose not to utilize it, further complaints are just whining. Roll Eyes

Thanks for the tasty response; some things never change. Not sure why I thought you were “Mac OS bible beating”. It’s hard to believe I could be so wrong. Anyway, never said I didn’t like the answer nor was I making a complaint (spell checker comment was based on observations). I don’t need to buy a Mac to get spell checking when I post here or with my e-mail program or word-processor. Generally all my responses of any length are run through a spell checker on my machine before they’re put up for posting.

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #78 on: September 07, 2005, 04:42:34 PM »

Steve, have you upgraded to OSX yet?

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #79 on: September 08, 2005, 09:26:47 PM »

When one throws around stereotypes, one may get a tasty response. Wink Rather ironic coming from an ARRL bible beater like yourself.  Grin

All chain yanking aside, there are programs out there that will allow you to 'add' spell checking to most/many Windows applications. AutoSpell Suite is one of them. I'm pretty sure there are others. While dumping the text to a text-ed/word processor and spell checking works, having it built-in to every program is pretty convenient. I've noticed the text windows in many on-line forums and response areas are very small. I like to compose in a text editor in those cases. When the line length is less the 60-80, I find reading text more laborious.

Yes, I am a Mac user, and a Windows user, Unix user, Yaesu user, Collins user (guess that makes me a collector snob), and and Motrin user. I've also used computers made by Tektronix, Hewlett-Packard, Sun, Apollo, Commodore, Sperry, IBM and Cray, to name a few.

Don, I'm using Mac OS X. It has the system-wide spell checking. The prior Mac OS did not. The system to which I was referring as having such capability for about a decade was Nextstep. The point is that there are lots of choices out there in the computer world. Don't box yourself in. Same goes for people too (except for slopbuckets).
W3SLK

Just another member member.

« Reply #80 on: September 08, 2005, 10:27:07 PM »

Steve said:
Yes, I am a Mac user, and a Windows user, Unix user, Yaesu user, Collins user (guess that makes me a collector snob), and and Motrin user. I've also used computers made by Tektronix, Hewlett-Packard, Sun, Apollo, Commodore, Sperry, IBM and Cray, to name a few

I've used  and worked on all those with the exception of the Cray. But you forgot to mention the DEC and CDC's (loved those micro and mini VAXes). All the Sperry's I worked on still carried the 'UNIVAC' moniker.

Mike(y)/W3SLK
Invisible airwaves crackle with life, bright antenna bristle with the energy. Emotional feedback, on timeless wavelength, bearing a gift beyond lights, almost free.... Spirit of Radio/Rush
kc2ifr
« Reply #81 on: September 09, 2005, 05:24:51 AM »

and and Motrin user

Steve.....that explains everything........ Roll Eyes
Glenn NY4NC
« Reply #82 on: September 09, 2005, 08:37:25 AM »

Lets not forget.......

Vortex Joe - N3IBX

« Reply #83 on: September 09, 2005, 10:51:25 AM »

Lets not forget.......

Glenn - Love that "Trash 80"! I had one with 16K of external memory and a thermal printer. Thought it was hotstuff" at the time. When I upgraded to a 8088 IBM system I couldn't give the Trash 80 away. Wound up scrapping it for parts.
Regards,
          Joe N3IBX

Joe Cro N3IBX

Anything that is Breadboarded,Black Crackle, or that squeals when you tune it gives me MAJOR WOOD!
Glenn NY4NC
« Reply #84 on: September 09, 2005, 12:53:51 PM »

Hey Joe!...

16K of ram? wow! you had the upgraded model! Grin I think mine only had 4k  Shocked

Pages: 1 ... 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015