The AM Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:40:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gota put on the waders: Brown stuff getting deep  (Read 19042 times)
John Holotko

« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2005, 11:51:13 PM »

Quote from: WV Hoopie
Should I ask for a MSDS? This stuff needs to be shared with others. Found it on another thread..........for that good tooooob sound.

http://www.altmann.haan.de/tubeolator/default.htm

Wow !!! This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard of.  Even more ridiculous, he's probably sold plenty of it already.

N2IZE<br /><br />Because infinity comes in different sizes.
w1guh
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2005, 08:03:36 AM »

I found out how and why that stuff works.  A buddy told me why tubes sound better than transistors.  See, in a tube, the electrons travel through a pristine vacuum, so they get to the other side totally clean. But in a transistor, the electrons are made to jump over a barrier of poison, and the poison distorts them and messes up the sound.  So, it appears that that gunk you paint on transistors is an antidote to that poison.

BTW, you'll hear better bass if you hold two ice cubes between your back teeth while listening.

Also, your speakers should always be below your amp...sound travels down better than up.
John Holotko

« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2005, 10:11:57 AM »

Would this stuff work for computer sound cards too ?? If I dip my sound card in the stuff will my computer produce a tube quality sound ??

Seriously, this stuff seems like it could actually DAMAGE an amp.  By putting a coating of this gook over the components actsd as a layer of insulation around the component interefing with the normal air flow around the component and hence inhibiting the ability to cool.  Seems like a good way to destroy a perfectly  good transistor, ic, or other device.

N2IZE<br /><br />Because infinity comes in different sizes.
KA1ZGC
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2005, 03:43:22 PM »

http://amfone.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5181

--Thom
Killer Appetizer One Zesty Green Cannabis
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015