The AM Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:55:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MLOP MOVE Pa.  (Read 3287 times)
flintstone mop
Contributing

« on: June 24, 2005, 06:32:23 PM »

Hello Brothers and Sisters
We made it to New Castle Pa. We're still looking at a lot of boxes and hoping to be ont he air in Fall.  AND there are 4 HAMS nearby. I hope I don't interfere. Hopefully they are 2M folks.
I need advice on an antenna configuration. I'm really hoping to get a 70 foot tower up and would like to mount a tri bander on the top . The low band aerial  would still be an inverted L. The horizontal part will not be very high as it was in Md. I miss those trees, but I like my 1.1 acres here.
Would the above "L" be happy with the tribander on top and some ground radials, of course.
Some of those guiding thoughts would be helpful and appreciated. And other configurations are always nice to consider
' 73 and thanks from MOPMAN

Fred

Fred KC4MOP
w3bv
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2005, 08:52:13 PM »

Hi Fred,

Glad your move went well. Best of luck with the tower project- and with getting back on the air soon.

Regards,

Alan
Jim, W5JO

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2005, 09:45:35 PM »

The only problem you have that can't be solved is you did not move far enough Southwest.  Oklahoma is nice this time of year and taxes are low.
flintstone mop
Contributing

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2005, 08:01:03 PM »

Thanks all!!
for the congrats on my move to Pa. looks like I'll be on the air in fall.
I'm gonna pull some tricks outta my hat for the financing of a 75 foot utility pole. Unfortunately, 15 feet has to be in the ground soooooo, the tribander will only be 60 feet up and the 60 feet of pole should be the nice beginning for an inverted L OR 'V'.... I'll get one one of those Dipole brackets to keep the wire away from the pole and the coax.
I hope I have enough parts left from previous attempts of Hamdom so I don't have to re-buy the rotator.

G'day

Fred KC4MOP
WA1GFZ

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2005, 09:10:46 PM »

Fred,
Consider a log periodic and cover all the bands. I worked KH6 with 50 watts 6 feet up sitting on my kid's swing set. Everyone I know who has one really likes it and they are easy to build.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015