The AM Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:33:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Supreme Court Rules Cities May Seize Homes  (Read 28437 times)
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2005, 02:27:36 AM »

You don't own your property anyway.  The state/county/city owns it, and you pay "rent" in the form of property tax.  In the case of a rental home, if you don't pay your rent, your landlord will eventually have you evicted.  If you "own" the property and don't pay your rent (property tax), your landlord (the city or county) will eventually have you evicted.

The landlord may also evict his tenants and even demolish the dwelling if he decides to use his property for something else besides rental housing.  That is exactly what is going down in CT.  The landlord (the city) decided on other uses for its property.

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
W8AMD
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2005, 04:45:11 AM »

Exactly.  When you buy property or build you are just paying for the right to rent that real estate from the government.  Folks don't like hearing that but unless you have a land patent you own nothing.
kc2ifr
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2005, 05:17:57 AM »

AH yes....our wonderful government.......
a government of the government, by the government, for the government, it has nothing to do with the people any more....sad.
Art
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2005, 07:16:23 AM »

"It has little to do with politics and a great deal to do with greed."

On this point I am in total agreement with George, Bruce, et al. If that isn't a demonstration of bipartisan opinion I have no idea what is. This is just not right. This treats ones home and property as chattels of a state heavily influenced by interests that don't appear to represent the people it is chartered to serve. I can see the need for jobs but you cannot convince me there aren't alternatives.

. . .but there's plenty of other things the Libs are dead wrong about. . .  don't give up the sympathy mongering program . . .

-ap
Glenn K2KL
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2005, 12:03:03 PM »

Good point Frank! Kennybunkport<sp> and the Kennedy compound in Hyannis MA would make great waterfront resorts!  :badgrin:  :badgrin:

now where did I put the Donald's phone number...  :roll:

Quote from: WA1GFZ
Gee, Maybe we should have a hotel resort built on the boosh family place in Me. And how about that fine Kennedy place.
wa1knx
Contributing

« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2005, 09:53:32 PM »

I just heard about this ruling. disgusting..

Yes, "Land Rent", it is what property taxes really are. However, under the "contract" you've had control over "your" property, until zoning
crept in. Now, you'll get tossed out by a bill gates money addict (yes a disease) to increase revenue to a town. and you will NOT be paid the
value of your property in its "developed" state. Glad the dems and
the gops are in line here - not that it will do any good,, sigh....

am forever!
Jack-KA3ZLR-
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2005, 08:09:20 AM »

Good Day Everyone,

Art yer right it doesn't have anything to do with Politicks, actually, The Leaders down there on the Ant Hill are so corrupt along with the rest of this that it defies any coherent logic.

Somewhere down the pages here someone brought in the part in the Founding Papers of this Country that describes actions to be taken when attrocities such as this take place, ie. Actions that are to be Taken.

It's only Paper, it comes from trees, and look what the Blood Skulls do to each other to secure it.

USA Today.
W1RKW
Contributing

« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2005, 12:17:24 PM »

Government has become predatory.  Scary.  It's time to fight these bastards back, legally of course unless that fails then pull out the stops..

Bob
W1RKW
Home of GORT.
wavebourn
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2005, 01:32:51 PM »

I run here from USSR, now USSR is coming here, slowly changing a political system...  :evil:
WA1GFZ

« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2005, 08:50:19 AM »

Let's send all these Bastards to Iraq so they can be free too.
50 years ago the state robbed 1/2 our beach and gave it to the state park.
Nothing new just crooks like shit float to the top.
At least the crook Roland in in jail but the real crook O'Neil remains free.
WA1GFZ

« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2005, 08:56:38 AM »

RKW your avatar has nice interface units hope the connectors are properly mounted.
wavebourn
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2005, 11:13:44 AM »

I thought it is a heatsink, as labeled...
WA1GFZ

« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2005, 11:52:47 AM »

One thing i know is . Th ebeltway bandits are going to need a lot more jails if they don't get their heads out of their butts.  fc
W1RKW
Contributing

« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2005, 03:04:36 PM »

They use MIL-STD backshells. They're built to take a lickin'.

Quote from: WA1GFZ
RKW your avatar has nice interface units hope the connectors are properly mounted.

Bob
W1RKW
Home of GORT.
WA1GFZ

« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2005, 03:32:30 PM »

Gee I thought they might be system one built for clean release and a good pulse load
WBear2GCR

Brrrr- it's cold in the shack! Fire up the BIG RIG

« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2005, 06:11:21 PM »

let me explain it to y'all...

If ur not a member of the local "party comittee" or a member of the local "party" in your town (be it Dem, Repub, Cons, Lib or whatever) then you are abrogating your opportunity to effect anything.

If you are not at town board meetings, planning board meetings, same deal.

This thing works very simply. MOST (not all) of the people who are part of these things (local gov and party) are imho schmucks who get off on control and telling other people what to do, and/or have nothing better to do with their time on earth than participate in this sort of incestuous activity (politics). BUT, these are the very people who "rise through the ranks" and end up running the damn country, the state, and your county & city/town. Eh?

Ok, so they're not on AM, they're not out playin golf or whatever, buildin stuff, or anything like that... but these are the people who determine the ultimate shape of your life.

You'd rather be in 75 AM, they'd rather meet, plot and pass laws... they get off on that.

Either show up and kick some butt, or they will kick yours eventually.
And, apparently they are. Mine too.

Don't post here, write letters to ur papers and to them. Show up. Speak. The time for having fear or trusting others has long past... do nothing and nothing will happen.

"... the price of freedom is eternal vigilance..." Patrick Henry

_-_-bear

PS. the really, really scary part is that VJZ isn't really too far off the mark in many respects about all this.

_-_- bear WB2GCR                   http://www.bearlabs.com
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2005, 11:45:30 AM »

For years, long prior to this latest  supreme court decision, local governments have been robbing people of their property under drug seizure laws.  If you are stopped by police, especially if you are from out of state, and they happen to discover that you are carrying a  large amount of cash, they may seize the cash on "suspicion" that it is drug money - even if there is not one shred of evidence that the money is related to illegal drugs.

Even if you are never charged with any drug violation, or if you are acquitted of any charges, there is no guarantee that you will get your money back.  In many cases it takes court action to force the local authorities to return the money, and lawyers may end up with 50% of it, even if it is returned.

Louisiana was notorious for seizing cash from travellers along Interstate 10, to the point that people were advised against travelling through that state if at all possible.

People have had all their money seized at airports merely for walking up to the airline counter and attempting to purchase an airline ticket by paying cash.

I recall one case in the news a few years ago about an elderly woman whose home was seized because her teenage grandson was caught selling drugs from the doorstep, unbeknownst to her.

This court decision merely gives local governments one more avenue for the "legal" theft of people's property.

Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
Jack-KA3ZLR-
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2005, 07:05:13 PM »

I'm with Bear on this one, I 'm not much liked in any of the local Scraps going on, matter of fact the last one I entered I stood up for the Local retired folks in my area for the Forced accusition of monies for Proposed water lines and Tap in fees, Look these folks are on fixed incomes for crying out loud let's be Honest here...an they went on an on about Upgrading the community and bettering the water supply etc. Da, money doesn't grow on trees...

He's Right and He should lead as much as an example in his area too, I hope he does. I do. I read those articles in the news papers Chit, Doesn't do any good...Get down to your local Municiple Building and sit in...Good Job Bear...
Sam KS2AM
Contributing

« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2005, 09:16:55 PM »

Look on the bright side.  This Supreme Court ruling will clear the way for development of new landmark sites such as this one now being proposed in Weare, New Hampshire.

http://www.freestarmedia.com/hotellostliberty2.html

Wink

Sam  /  KS2AM

--- Post No Bills ---
wa1knx
Contributing

« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2005, 12:41:21 AM »

screwem,  take it - great post!

am forever!
Glenn K2KL
« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2005, 01:48:48 PM »

My wife just told me about that story/link....

Payback's a bitch isn't it!!!  :badgrin:  :badgrin:

Quote from: Sam KS2AM
Look on the bright side.  This Supreme Court ruling will clear the way for development of new landmark sites such as this one now being proposed in Weare, New Hampshire.

Wink

Sam  /  KS2AM
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2005, 10:39:45 PM »

http://cagle.com/news/EminentDomain/

- - -
GEORGE/W2AMR
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2005, 05:46:53 AM »

Wink

Sam  /  KS2AM

Great Avatar Sam. "I'M TRYING TO LISTEN TO THE F**KING SONG!"
Sam KS2AM
Contributing

« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2005, 03:42:57 PM »

Quote from: GEORGE/W2AMR

Wink

Sam  /  KS2AM

Well thanks George. I was just trying to capture the spirit of the thing.

Cool

Sam  /  KS2AM

--- Post No Bills ---
GEORGE/W2AMR
« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2005, 05:01:22 PM »

Quote from: GEORGE/W2AMR

Wink

Sam  /  KS2AM

Well thanks George. I was just trying to capture the spirit of the thing.

Cool

Sam  /  KS2AM

"My hallergies to dees f**king fans has returned"
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015