The AM Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:06:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FCC vs. W2VJZ update  (Read 21131 times)
GEORGE/W2AMR
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2005, 10:09:08 AM »

Quote from: Steve - WB3HUZ
Testy old critter. Did someone pee in your maple syrup?

I got your Testy old critter, right here.
Herb K2VH

Pennsylvanian shaking hands with Yankee

« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2005, 12:14:49 PM »

My, how the mere mention of IRB can make mature men act like immature children!  BTW, he was born on August 6, 1928, i.e., he is not yet even 77.  Why does everybody make him 80?  Is that wishful thinking?

K2VHerb
First licensed in 1954 as KN2JVM  
On AM since 1955;on SSB since 1963

"Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar."
--Edward R. Murrow
GEORGE/W2AMR
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2005, 12:29:14 PM »

Quote from: Herb K2VH
My, how the mere mention of IRB can make mature men act like immature children!  BTW, he was born on August 6, 1928, i.e., he is not yet even 77.  Why does everybody make him 80?  Is that wishful thinking?

Excuse me Herb, I do recall several years ago listening to you have a screaming meltdown , on the Air, over something Irb did. Immature children indeed.
Herb K2VH

Pennsylvanian shaking hands with Yankee

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2005, 12:40:35 PM »

Excellent memory, George!  Like I said, IRB can make mature men act like immature children.  I hate myself when I let him do that to me.  He spews out such Irritating Radio Babble!  But there I go again.  Try not to let Him make you babble, Mr. George.

K2VHerb
First licensed in 1954 as KN2JVM  
On AM since 1955;on SSB since 1963

"Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar."
--Edward R. Murrow
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2005, 08:25:31 PM »

Try not to let Him make you babble, Mr. George.

No chance of that happening. George is Irb. Why do you think he remembered his interaction with you so well?
GEORGE/W2AMR
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2005, 08:31:36 PM »

Quote from: Steve - WB3HUZ
Try not to let Him make you babble, Mr. George.

No chance of that happening. George is Irb. Why do you think he remembered his interaction with you so well?

Really weak.
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2005, 10:40:31 PM »

I remember it too.

The best interaction I ever saw in person with Irb was when he met my son at a hamfest 8 or 9 years ago. My son was attending bible college in Boston and was home for the summer. The two got into a "discussion" for over 90 minutes. Very active dialogue; so much so, I had to walk away. Ever since then, every time I talk to Irb on the radio or see him in person, he always makes a point to mention that "discussion" with my son.

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
Ott

« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2005, 11:25:56 PM »

Quote from: Pete, WA2CWA
I remember it too.

The best interaction I ever saw in person with Irb was when he met my son at a hamfest 8 or 9 years ago. My son was attending bible college in Boston and was home for the summer. The two got into a "discussion" for over 90 minutes. Very active dialogue; so much so, I had to walk away. Ever since then, every time I talk to Irb on the radio or see him in person, he always makes a point to mention that "discussion" with my son.

So Pete... did your son or Irb (since Irb mentions it) consider it a positive or a negative interaction?
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2005, 01:35:58 AM »

Quote from: Ott
Quote from: Pete, WA2CWA
I remember it too.

So Pete... did your son or Irb (since Irb mentions it) consider it a positive or a negative interaction?

Well, I can’t speak for Irb, but I would suspect he views it as a positive interaction. Like Irb, Pete is not one to back off on a  good, and maybe sometimes heated, biblical or religious type discussion. Of course, at the time, Pete was 18 or 19, so it’s probably not often that someone that young was able to stand firm and do “point/counterpoint” with him.

Now if I only get Pete to upgrade his license, we can get him down on 75. Two Markavage's on 75; that's scary.

I actually have my son to thank for creating "manualman". Initially, my manual collection was very disorganized; he designed the database, created the original paper catalogs I sent out, created the web site and its structure, and created the name. Early on, computers were not my strong point and I did lots of things manually. He said to me, "Dad, you're a very manual person. You're a manual man".

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015