The AM Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:21:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FCC vs. W2VJZ update  (Read 20956 times)
WB2CAU

« on: June 08, 2005, 07:52:00 AM »

http://www.arrl.org/news/enforcement_logs/2005/0602.html

April 22, 2005

Mr. Irwin L. Richardt
Allen Road
Liberty Corner, NJ 07938

RE: Amateur license W2VJZ

Dear Mr. Richardt:

Enclosed please find your unsigned letter dated March 29, 2005. We had returned this letter to you for signature, but you re-sent the letter, again unsigned, stating that the letter was written by another party and that you "cannot attest to everything in it…"

Without your signature, the letter will not be considered.

Enclosure
CC: FCC Northeastern Regional Director

"Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid." -- John Wayne
GEORGE/W2AMR
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2005, 05:44:09 PM »

Irb is probably having a ball jerking these people around. Wonder who is going to have the last laugh?
Art
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2005, 06:51:14 PM »

Oh yeah, George . . . Irb is sure jerking the FCC around . . . his tactics are straight out of grade school . . . last laugh? it would be laughable if it wasn't so pathetic.
I predict no one will be laughing when it is all sorted out. The FCC doesn't want to be burning resources on this crap. They are going to come down hard and Irb deserves every thing he is going to get. 'been wrong before, but don't think I am far off the mark with this prediction.
-ap
GEORGE/W2AMR
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2005, 07:12:17 PM »

Quote from: Art
Oh yeah, George . . . Irb is sure jerking the FCC around . . . his tactics are straight out of grade school . . . last laugh? it would be laughable if it wasn't so pathetic.
I predict no one will be laughing when it is all sorted out. The FCC doesn't want to be burning resources on this crap. They are going to come down hard and Irb deserves every thing he is going to get. 'been wrong before, but don't think I am far off the mark with this prediction.
-ap

Hi Art, time will tell.
W1UJR
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2005, 10:55:28 PM »

Its simple, and Irb is well within his rights to refuse to sign.

He did not write the letter, someone else did.

Apparently he does not agree with all of its content.
Should that be the case, I would not sign it either.
N3DRB The Derb
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2005, 10:57:41 PM »

Black robers, gangsters, syndicates, and mafias......
Jack-KA3ZLR-
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2005, 05:49:45 AM »

It's like watching an Excersize in Futility,  Cheesy , in some respects that OM is right, everybody has their Limit, I have mine, in my mind it's a shame to waste it on the air when there are better venues to voice things out.
W1UJR
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2005, 06:29:25 AM »

I think it’s pretty simple.
Men of honor do not capitulate to threats, from individuals or government.

And to think all this row starting from someone answering a CQ.
You think Irb is nuts, you've got the wrong guy.

The FCC can't or won't do anything about the problem in Belgrade, which adversly affects all of users of 75 meter band, but they have plenty of time and resources to go after an 80 year old man for answering a CQ which offends only one person.

When does someone ask for a sanity check?

-
Jack-KA3ZLR-
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2005, 06:31:31 AM »

That's the Impossibility of reason Bruce.
GEORGE/W2AMR
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2005, 06:35:57 AM »

Quote from: W1UJR

The FCC can't or won't do anything about the problem in Belgrade, which adversly affects all of users of 75 meter band, but they have plenty of time and resources to go after an 80 year old man for answering a CQ which offends only one person.

-

They will  discover Irb isn't such an easy target after all.
Art
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2005, 08:25:59 AM »

You guys are funny.

Irb is a self centered a$$ who is getting what he has deserved for many years. That others commit crimes does not create a situation where crime is acceptable. The authorities were unable to convict Al Capone of murder so they got him for tax evasion. My sense is you would argue that tax evasion is not such a bad thing . . . sort of Robin Hood like . . . and therefore noble. I don't need to recount the numerous infractios Irb has comitted, they are  common knowledge to anyone who wishes to know, but can personally attest he commits them. Yet there will always be those who can or will not see beyond their nose and desire to demonstrate their PCness.
I wish you happiness living in the world you create. You have certainly added amusement to mine.

-ap
KA1ZGC
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2005, 01:09:36 PM »

Men of honor? Threats?

We're blowing this way out of proportion.

All the Riley-gram says is that without a signature, the letter will not be made part of the record in these proceedings.

To say that constitutes a threat is really stretching.

That's a simplistic view of this topic's genesis, Bruce. It was more than one answer of one CQ that got the whole ball rolling.

Irb is nuts, in my opinion, but that's secondary to what's happening.

The FCC hasn't done anything about the problem in Belgrade, yet. That doesn't necessarily equate to "can't" or "won't". We'll see about that one this autumn.

Unfortunately, that time came and went, while we all stood by and watched.

--Thom
Kilimunjaro Africa One Zulu Goat Cheese
Jack-KA3ZLR-
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2005, 05:25:36 AM »

It's a Simple flaw in Logic, ever notice the things we need more of, more Field Reps, more ROOM, better quality standards, on an on, we get very little of and always an Excuse.. What we have to much of War, Gov glut and stupidity, greed geared in overkill..little patience and Meanness...I've noticed a large increase in the last few years of meanness, it's in the news everyday.

We've become Victims of our own Compartmental Mentality. Some guys level it with acting out of the Box, cause an effect, FCC steps in oh well this is what you get..

You can't even drive down the street without someone cuting you off or running a red, or fliping you off for Being to Slow.. It's all about "Me" brothers... it's an observation I have not a judgement...
Art
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2005, 07:26:21 AM »

Jack, I couldn't agree more. There was a time when people were *armed*. The man walking down the street may well be packing big time. Guess what? People were polite, courteous, considerate, and kind to all. If you were carrying a load and approached a door someone would probably go out of their way to open it for you.
It was a different time. Now we have a great number of overprivileged, self centered, under performing, and self entitled adults, and a whole crop of children more than willing to follow their parents example. This trend avalanches and is a sad thing to observe.
I speak out strongly when I observe this and think I can positively impact the situation. Oddly enough, I wouldn't do so if I didn't think the targets of my barbs were not worth the effort. It is a bit like spitting in the wind sometimes.
That's why you will see my Jekyll and Hyde performance when speaking of technical things vs. personality traits and 'correctness' that I think are destructive.
As for the state of the public today and its progressive character decay. . . we can impact that by example. One day at a time, one person at a time, and each transaction standing on its own merit.
It's a new day and I am on my way to make it a better day for as many people as I can.

All the best,
-ap
GEORGE/W2AMR
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2005, 07:21:53 AM »

You guys are funny.

Irb is a self centered a$$ who is getting what he has deserved for many years. That others commit crimes does not create a situation where crime is acceptable. The authorities were unable to convict Al Capone of murder so they got him for tax evasion. My sense is you would argue that tax evasion is not such a bad thing . . . sort of Robin Hood like . . . and therefore noble. I don't need to recount the numerous infractios Irb has comitted, they are  common knowledge to anyone who wishes to know, but can personally attest he commits them. Yet there will always be those who can or will not see beyond their nose and desire to demonstrate their PCness.
I wish you happiness living in the world you create. You have certainly added amusement to mine.

-ap

Very nice spin  Art. The crimes of Al Capone vs the rules infractions of Irb. Oh brother.
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2005, 07:32:44 AM »

Speaking of spin: Irb = a man of principle. Hilarious.
Art
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2005, 08:12:43 AM »

Yep George. I figured you would jump all over that . . . ah the inequity of it all . . . you do tend to get lost in the semantics of examples a lot . . . . but George . . . are little crimes still crimes? Should they be disregarded because you think they are insignificant? Or should they be disregarded because Irb is an old fart? Or did his momma not raise him right? Which is it George. Which excuse makes it OK for Irb to violate regulations, annoy others, and disrespect the rules he has agreed to abide by? How about the stories of theft from the power company or telephone company "mistakes" Irb tells? How about one who lives under the protection of our sons and daughters in the military and publicly derides them? How about one who speaks in favor of those who attack the US. There's some semantics for you to pick apart and try to discredit. . . enjoy!!
What we have heah . . . is a portrait of a criminal. Just as much a criminal as Al Capone or any one else whos behavior demonstrates they are 'above the law' (regulations).  That's my opinion . . . and I see no evidence to the contrary. Apparently, the FCC shares my opinion.
-ap
GEORGE/W2AMR
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2005, 08:56:44 AM »

Yep George. I figured you would jump all over that . . . ah the inequity of it all . . . you do tend to get lost in the semantics of examples a lot . . . . but George . . . are little crimes still crimes? Should they be disregarded because you think they are insignificant? Or should they be disregarded because Irb is an old fart? Or did his momma not raise him right? Which is it George. Which excuse makes it OK for Irb to violate regulations, annoy others, and disrespect the rules he has agreed to abide by? How about the stories of theft from the power company or telephone company "mistakes" Irb tells? How about one who lives under the protection of our sons and daughters in the military and publicly derides them? How about one who speaks in favor of those who attack the US. There's some semantics for you to pick apart and try to discredit. . . enjoy!!
What we have heah . . . is a portrait of a criminal. Just as much a criminal as Al Capone or any one else whos behavior demonstrates they are 'above the law' (regulations).  That's my opinion . . . and I see no evidence to the contrary. Apparently, the FCC shares my opinion.
-ap

The next time you violate a motor vehicle law , I'll be expecting you to turn yourself in Art.
Art
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2005, 10:14:09 AM »

That was expected.
Do you have nothing but a PC philosophy to present and obfuscation as your medium?

If so, I understand and am most enthusiastic in my beliefs as well. I admire your dedication to your convictions. You have simply chosen a cause that represents them poorly.

If not, where is the powerful argument in defense of Irbs behavior? . . so far you have implied or stated: It's OK because it's a small thing. It's OK because other people break laws too. . . . and it's OK because the FCC has better things to do. Suffice it to say, you have not achieved consensus  in your favor with these points.
What else ya got? Proof that Irb doesn't interfere with QSOs in process, or he is a stand up guy who would help others, or he has contributed to the common good, or his behavior is such you would be proud to have your son emulate it . . .  like that.
Where's the beef?

-ap
Fred k2dx

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2005, 11:41:53 AM »

Everyone (well, almost) knows what a jacka** Irb is and how he thrives on the attention his antics draw. I say ignore it, watch as this latest situation develops, and remember one thing......................................................

At 80 he can't last much longer!

I can almost see it now, a new development named Liberty Corner Farms!
GEORGE/W2AMR
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2005, 02:23:49 PM »

That was expected.
Do you have nothing but a PC philosophy to present and obfuscation as your medium?

If so, I understand and am most enthusiastic in my beliefs as well. I admire your dedication to your convictions. You have simply chosen a cause that represents them poorly.

If not, where is the powerful argument in defense of Irbs behavior? . . so far you have implied or stated: It's OK because it's a small thing. It's OK because other people break laws too. . . . and it's OK because the FCC has better things to do. Suffice it to say, you have not achieved consensus  in your favor with these points.
What else ya got? Proof that Irb doesn't interfere with QSOs in process, or he is a stand up guy who would help others, or he has contributed to the common good, or his behavior is such you would be proud to have your son emulate it . . .  like that.
Where's the beef?

-ap

Actually Art, I think the whole thing is stupid. The original complaint, the FCC's action, and Irb's response.   I must admit tho , I am rooting for Irb on this one.  If you are looking to take on a die hard Irb fan, you will have to find someone else.
Art
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2005, 02:44:41 PM »

On that point we agree . . . I prefer individual rights to control by an 'all great and powerful entity'. 'but geez, Irb?

-ap
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2005, 09:08:24 PM »

Irb and George are actually one in the same person. Have your ever seen both of them together?
GEORGE/W2AMR
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2005, 04:51:37 AM »

Quote from: Steve - WB3HUZ
Irb and George are actually one in the same person. Have your ever seen both of them together?

Bite me
Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2005, 10:00:30 AM »

Testy old critter. Did someone pee in your maple syrup?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015