The AM Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:56:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Manassas, VA hamfest vs. Butler, PA  (Read 7814 times)
w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« on: June 05, 2005, 05:27:06 PM »

ANyone go to Butler?  I chose to go to Manassas, VA, which is quite a bit closer.

TONS of cheap boatanchors there.  I scored a nice Ranger for $75, a T-827 for $25, a nice NC-300 for $60, a Heath HW-12 for $5, and a BC-779 (SuperPro 200) for $25.

Other deals there:  SX-122, $100, pair of HW-101s and PS - $75, Cheyenne/Comanche pair $40, SX-111 $45, HT-37 (nice) $45, a WJ 8716 for $400, etc.

73 John

FCC:  "The record is devoid of a demonstrated nexus between Morse code proficiency and on-the-air conduct."
kc2ifr
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2005, 05:33:07 PM »

Wow John,
I cant believe the prices..........thats great. Wish I could have been there.
Bill
Jack-KA3ZLR-
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2005, 05:38:04 PM »

Hi John,

Went to Butler, for a change they had a DRY Fester, Thankfully, as far as equipment alot of SSB, as far as AM that we Like Eh, Not so Fancy, alot of 200 and up prices, Good Showing alot of HeathKit stuff, alot of people unloading SK Stations, I Did Spy a Ten-Tec Century 21D The Digital CW Rig that i had wanted at one time years ago, the fella had a 150.. price tag on it, almost bought it..Great Rig... Cheesy

Didn't get a chance to get to Pete, Jack wouldn't give me a seconds peace Ran my little legs off, soo sorry not to see him. The usual Rug merchants were there, CB Jazz, Pretty much of a run of the mill, Nice nice Crowd Good day for a Fester... Cheesy
w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2005, 05:51:14 PM »

Guess I made the right choice!

Yeah, Bill, it was like 1989 again with the boatanchor prices for the most part.    There were also some overpriced items such as a rusty, pissbeat 75A4 for $1200 and a run-of-the-mill 51S1, rack mount, for $1700.

Next one in the area is Frederick, MD on Fathers' Day... anyone else going to that one?

73 John

FCC:  "The record is devoid of a demonstrated nexus between Morse code proficiency and on-the-air conduct."
Terry N4RQ
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2005, 09:21:43 PM »

John,
Nice to see you today, I got the Johnson KW match box for $250 got him as he was packing out.  I always enjoy this ham fest.  Shelby will be my next one or maybe Berryville.
W2VW
Contributing

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2005, 09:36:22 PM »

Man, nassis the last time I eat dem hot peppers.

Is Loraina Bobbit going?
w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2005, 09:44:29 AM »

Terry, good deal!  You'll never find a new antenna tuner as good for that price.

Dave, I didn't see Lorena nor John Wayne B. at the hamfest.  Manasses is certainly an unfortunate name for a city...

Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2005, 11:25:02 PM »

Sorry I missed you at Butler Jack. It was hot and humid in the building all day. Lots of people crawling around in there most of the morning to gather some shade. Stopped over there early Saturday evening to set up some stuff and was back the next morning around 6AM. Never did get a chance to wander the outside area.

Saturday night at the hotel bar I came to the conclusion that "fat" white men and woman should not try to dance to rap music. What a sight. Sunday night in the bar was Karaoke night. No amount of scotch and water could ease my headache pain from some of the "singers". The trip back Monday was spent trying to dodge the storms popping up and moving across the state of PA, plus I had to take a quick hop into DE before heading up to NJ.

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
Jack-KA3ZLR-
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2005, 05:55:33 AM »

Petey i probably seen ya, but jack doesn't like to socialize much when he's on the Hunt..he ran My legs off.. Cheesy and he's 65 years Young,  He doesn't like the Humidity either  and wanted to get done and get going before it got to dang Hot.

I think we left about 10:00 and went to breakfeast at dennys and came home and Fussed over a real nice Homebrew tuner we found, there wasn't much homebrew up there Pete Shame...

Oh I did find sum 813's the lady wanted 65 bux a piece...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015