The AM Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:44:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 4BZ6 tube... any uses?  (Read 5131 times)
CE 3 LQH
« on: June 04, 2005, 10:31:51 AM »

I got about 3 4BZ6 tubes from an old TV and would like to know if thee are any uses?  I loked up the specs and it said that they can be used as RF amps.  Could I make a reciever, transmitter... tranciever?  well hopefully I could use them, input would be great, unfourtunatly I currently cannot join the 80M AM crowd for a while since we gave the IC-718 back to the BARS club for field day.  Well, mabye I can get the other HW-101 working and mod it for AM sometime.  But stuck with CW/ SSB for now!  (Love CW anyway! ).  

Thanks
Bryce Salmi
KB1LQC
W1RKW
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2005, 09:02:51 PM »

Hi Bryce,
Welcome to the AM Forum.  

Were you able to get your HW101 up and running?

Don't know much about the 4BZ6 but it sounds like it might be an rf amp type tube used in rcvr front ends.

Bob
W1RKW
Home of GORT. A buddy of mine named the 813 rig GORT.
His fear was when I turned it on for the first time life on earth would come to a stand still.
CE 3 LQH
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2005, 05:55:20 PM »

well the situationwith the HW is this: we own two, one that works and one that doesnt.  The one that works will stay SSB/ CW . The one that doesnt is practically brand new (The hood came in the original plastic sleeve (It got ript out thought by accident...)  it didnt work either, it would turn on but no recieve and transmit.  So i finally decided i will work backwards from the manual (I own an original manual) and take the whole thing apart sicut board wise and make sure all the componants are correct and good soldering.  Also that al lthe wiring is right.  Then If i get it working i will convert it to AM.

73's es thanks
Bryce Salmi
KB1LQC
w3jn
Johnny Novice
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2005, 08:06:36 PM »

A 4BZ6 is a 4=volt equivalent of a 6BZ6.  Not much use unless you're into series string usage or have a 4 volt fil xfirmer.   I've dumpsterized thousands of these and similar series-string tubes as they're generally worthless unless you need one for a mid 60's TV set.  33GY7s, anyone???

73 John

FCC:  "The record is devoid of a demonstrated nexus between Morse code proficiency and on-the-air conduct."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015