The AM Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:11:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Andy’s World Estate Sale 2 Tomorrow July 22  (Read 640 times)
AJ1G
Contributing

« on: July 21, 2023, 01:57:22 PM »

Link to the LIMARC website post about another estate sale at recent SK WA2CDL Andy’s place tomorrow July 22nd.  Just found out about it today from George N2LJO.  Looks like there still a
Lot of stuff left to sell:

https://limarc.org/andys-world/

Since the announcement says “next” sale perhaps there will additional ones coming up. Hempstead LI NY

WARNING:  If you are heading there and don’t know the territory, don’t get on the Southern State parkway with a 14 feet above pavement height mobile whip on your vehicle like I did in our
Volvo XC60 with a roof  mounted 75 meter Hamstick when I went down there in June.  Took the ferry over from New London to Orient Point NY and let Siri
do the navigation.  Found myself without any idea or posted warnings on the Southern State which is full of beautiful arched brick underpasses with overhead clearances as low
as less than 9 feet, and no shoulders or rest areas to pull off into to take the antenna down.

Miraculously, I made it through to Andy’s without breaking or losing the stick
(didn’t even knock it off tune!), but had numerous bad bonkings, especially under the off ramp exit underpass to Andy’s place which had a height warning sign that started with an 8.  Ant is hard mounted, no spring!  Think it was the prayers to St. Max Kolbe (Patron Saint of Ham Radio) that got me through!  Maybe Andy was in the ham shack up there with him and said “Max, we gotta help this guy!”

Chris, AJ1G
Stonington, CT
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015