The AM Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:24:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NEAR-Fest XXXIII Spring 2023 April 28th and 29th A Week Early???  (Read 1405 times)
W1RC
Contributing

« on: December 16, 2022, 09:59:17 PM »

Yes, Friends and neighhours, it is a week early this time and let me tell you why.  The Fair Association booked not one but two shows for the first weekend in May 2023…..our traditional weekend since 2007.  One is a big agricultural exhibition and the other is a horse show.  Now NEAR-Fest was not forgotten and we were invited to share the grounds but part of this involved the flea market would have to be moved to a more remote spot in the grounds.
     We certainly appreciate their efforts to accommodate us but trying to keep people from setting up in their normal spots just didn’t seem like the way we would like to spend our time at the fester so we decided to take our chances with the WX and move the fester back a week when we will have the entire fairgrounds to ourselves as it has been for the past seventeen years.
     What about 2024?  Well, I just don’t know.  Let’s get through 2023 and we will see about that in a year.
     Check our web site, www.near-fest.com for further news and updates.  If you have never been to NEAR-Fest why not make 2023 your “Deerfield Year”?  I promise it won’t be the last.  Anyone who has been will tell you it is not your everyday flea market.  We have a great hotel that is clean, hospitable, great eatery and loved by the frugal.  

MisterMike, W1RC

* 8171DE58-A835-4B47-9EF2-18235F3029DD.jpeg (1406.08 KB, 2388x1668 - viewed 163 times.)

"It is a good thing we don't get the government we pay for."  Will Rogers.
KD1SH

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2022, 02:33:57 PM »

Thanks, Mr. Mike, for letting us know.  As always, looking forward to another awesome Nearfest! (even though my wife was just starting to get excited about Nearfest not falling on her birthday weekend this time)

"Gosh, Batman, I never knew there were no punctuation marks in alphabet soup!"
—Robin, in the 1960's Batman TV series.
W2JRO

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2022, 11:21:01 AM »

This date actually works out great for me as I would've had to miss it on the traditional weekend.
My wife's 60th B-day party would've been the canceller.

Looking forward to April!

Jeff
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015