The AM Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:15:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kutztown Hamfest  (Read 3588 times)
wa2pjp

« on: August 23, 2022, 11:19:29 AM »

Just wondering who is going to the Kutztown hamfest on Sept 16 and 17?
W3SLK

Just another member member.

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2022, 11:36:05 AM »

Is that in the same place where they have the BC radio fest (usually around May) every year?

Mike(y)/W3SLK
Invisible airwaves crackle with life, bright antenna bristle with the energy. Emotional feedback, on timeless wavelength, bearing a gift beyond lights, almost free.... Spirit of Radio/Rush
wa2pjp

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2022, 11:53:22 AM »

yes.....That's the place.
W3GMS
Contributing

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2022, 11:17:59 PM »

Expect to be there on Friday.

Joe-GMS

Simplicity is the Elegance of Design---W3GMS
Tom WA3KLR
Contributing

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2022, 12:28:56 PM »

I am planning to be there Friday the 16th.

73 de Tom WA3KLR  AMI # 77   Amplitude Modulation - a force Now and for the Future!
W3SLK

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2022, 11:33:16 AM »

Hey Tom, when do you plan to be there? I managed to get the day off and it looks like sunshine for tomorrow!

Mike(y)/W3SLK
Invisible airwaves crackle with life, bright antenna bristle with the energy. Emotional feedback, on timeless wavelength, bearing a gift beyond lights, almost free.... Spirit of Radio/Rush
W3GMS
Contributing

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2022, 07:55:08 PM »

Kutztown was fantastic today.  All the pavilions were packed and saw a lot of friends.  It was the most active one I have seen in many years.  Overflow was selling on the grass.
Joe-GMS

W3SLK

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2022, 09:00:05 PM »

Joe, I was sorry I missed you. I got there about 12 and left about 2:30. I bought an Eico 930B Cap tester, a pair of HK-63's and a neat little Emerson BC box that the wife wanted, (and loves!). I did talk with Joe Cro's N3IBX(SK) friends Darren and John and also chatted with Steve Fanelli, (I forget his call sign). It was my first time there. Although I didn't see a plethora of amateur gear, I did enjoy it just the same!

Mike(y)/W3SLK
Tom WA3KLR
Contributing

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2022, 12:33:26 PM »

Hi Mike.  I missed your posts until now. I'm sorry I missed you. I was there Friday morning about 9:20 to 10:30; great weather. I just swept through everything once and had an eyeball QSO with Joe W3GMS and Ron WA3VEE.  I walked away with 4 old receiving toobs (IBX spelling).

73 de Tom WA3KLR  AMI # 77   Amplitude Modulation - a force Now and for the Future!
W3GMS
Contributing

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2022, 11:14:20 PM »

Ron-WA3VEE took some pictures when we were there on Friday.  It will give you a good idea of some of the stuff that was there. 

Mike,
Sorry I missed you.  I got there around 8:30 and left around 2PM.

Tom,
It was good seeing you there and glad we had a chance to talk a bit.

https://ronmed.smugmug.com/091622-KUTZTOWN-ANTIQUE-RADIO-SHOW/

Joe-W3GMS

W3SLK

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2022, 11:54:56 AM »

I probably walked right up to Ron and didn't know it! I enjoyed it none the less. Sometimes I could get that familiar scent of krinkled radio gear that sat in a basement. I need to stop sitting on my bohunkous, (as Joe Cro would say), and get back to operating on the aether. The days are becoming shorter and on those nights I don't work overtime, I have to take my dose of RF. I also need to tie up some projects that are in mid-stream. Did anyone find any 'roundtuits' at the fest on Friday? I could sure use a couple! Grin

Mike(y)/W3SLK
wa2pjp

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2022, 12:24:12 PM »

I had been planning on going for several months......had a room, just ready to go to see everyone.......Then because I am doing work on the new house we moved into, contractors I have been begging to get here to finish up, decided that this would be a good weekend to come on Thursday, Friday and Saturday to finish up work that I have been waiting for to be completed for several weeks.........telling me that this was the only time they could get to me...........so I missed the hamfest.......................hate them all!
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2022, 12:17:50 AM »

I love that old stuff. There was an antique tractor and engine show last weekend 100 mileas from here.. Gainesville TX. BUT I was stuck at my parents estate sale all weekend. Only good thing was taking in $ instead of spending it.

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
W3SLK

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2022, 11:44:25 AM »

I like them tractor shows. I'm a big fan of the different 'hit-n-miss' engines. Usually after the fest at Timonium, we would head to Frank 'Slab Bacon' KB3AHE(SK)'s place and he always got his chugger out.

Mike(y)/W3SLK
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015