The AM Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:57:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Update  (Read 4008 times)
W1IA

« on: July 23, 2022, 03:54:21 PM »

Hello to everyone on the board. Life has been a challenge since my ALS diagnosis. I remain as positive as I can in spite of it. Waiting for my contractor to start the home modifications to make it wheelchair accessible. I got fitted in my new power chair and the van was brought to the VA for a test fitting. During construction I will be staying with my daughter Mary in Greenfield, NH. A temporary ramp will be installed and some  of my medical equipment will be brought along. Keith WA1HZK visits me often as I am stuck at home till my purchase of the handicap van is finalized. I can’t access my home till the new deck and elevator is installed. I want to thank everyone for the kind notes, emails and calls. My speech is almost gone and I’m barely walking with a walker. I have an LNA that comes twice a week to help out.
God Bless,
Brent(Tina) W1IA

* AC14EAB4-327A-4A51-955F-E3D90DA5276F.jpeg (2215.82 KB, 3088x2320 - viewed 246 times.)

Run What Ya Brung!
wa1sth
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2022, 05:42:50 PM »

Brent,
Like all others who have read your update I am at a loss for words.  Also like all others I wish you well.  73's my friend
Tom WA3KLR
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2022, 05:45:10 PM »

Brent,

Thanks for the update. I was wondering what is going on since I haven't heard you on the air lately.  Do you think you will be on CW once you get resettled in?

Thinking of you all the time,

Tom and Nicole

73 de Tom WA3KLR  AMI # 77   Amplitude Modulation - a force Now and for the Future!
K1JJ
Contributing

"Let's go kayaking, Tommy!" - Yaz

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2022, 08:54:18 PM »

Hi Brent,

I'm bummed to hear that your speech is almost gone. What a bum rap for a ham.  I have thought of you often and hope you can extend your quality time as much as possible.  

You are one of the most motivated and enthusiastic guys I know.  You sure have built and accomplished a lot of stuff, OM.

T

Use an "AM Courtesy Filter" to limit transmit audio bandwidth  +-4.5 KHz, +-6.0 KHz or +-8.0 KHz when needed.  Easily done in DSP.

Wise Words : "I'm as old as I've ever been... and I'm as young as I'll ever be."

There's nothing like an old dog.
W1DAN
Contributing

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2022, 09:21:10 PM »

Hi Brent!

Thank you so much for your update here. You are family.

I hope you can get home soon and find time time to at least listen to 75AM or whatever you like. I have always enjoyed your technical journeys, and am happy to have been a part of your celebration at the last NEAR-FEST.

Please keep us posted, we think of you often.

73 and bless,
Dan
W1DAN
W1IA

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2022, 12:24:13 PM »

Thanks everyone! Forgive me if I don't reply individually, it takes a lot out of me to do simple tasks. Depending on my health, I may try and set up a station upstairs after all the construction is finished. I never operate during the summer anyway. All the radios and E rigs have to find homes. I will pick up a smaller rig and auto-tuner. The plan is a fan dipole for 80/40 meter CW. Mark KA2QFX has removed the GS-35B linear. No small task.
I will try and stay in touch as much as I can. Again, thanks for all the kinds words.
Brent(Tina) W1IA

Run What Ya Brung!
WA1LGQ
Contributing

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2022, 02:40:10 PM »

Thanks for updating us Brent. Many of us have been wondering. Not much info heard on 75............73.......Larry

* IMG_0197[1].JPG (3957.49 KB, 4608x2592 - viewed 209 times.)
WA1HSD

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2022, 04:43:37 PM »

Brent as much as I am in the background myself, I do watch your postings on Facebook, and obviously here at AMfone. As old and feeble I am myself, where I am not far from your house, let me know if you need help and I will try. Clearly I know Keith from all the past, so can also work with him if it makes sense.
Later, 73's Dean
W1IA

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2022, 05:20:18 PM »

Thank you Dean. I know you have had a tough road with your own health. I don’t know where the time has gone. Keith, you and I always worked and played hard. Now waking up in the morning is a good day! Ha!
Give my best to Sue and I’ll see you soon OM.

Run What Ya Brung!
W3RSW
Contributing

Rick & "Roosevelt"

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2022, 07:56:40 PM »

You sure are one tough cookie Brent.
 Very heartened thanks for letting us all know of your trials.
 We've had good QSO's over the years.
Praying for the very best. God Bless you.

Rick, W3RSW and all the way back to WA3YPI

RICK  *W3RSW*
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2022, 11:16:28 PM »

Sure sorry to read about this sir.

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
Carl WA1KPD
Contributing

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2022, 06:12:40 PM »

Good to hear from you, Brent,
You are doing a great job managing these challenges.Thank you for the update.
My prayers are with you.
KPD

Carl

"Okay, gang are you ready to play radio? Are you ready to shuffle off the mortal coil of mediocrity? I am if you are." Shepherd
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015