The AM Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:45:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It arrived !! Was: Funny story about a nearly 2 year back order that finally shi  (Read 4388 times)
steve_qix
Contributing

Bap!

« on: May 11, 2022, 04:39:29 PM »

Way back on November 4th 2020, I ordered an MFJ-835 RF in-line balanced line current monitor.  I paid at the time of the order with PayPal.

A few days later, I received an email stating that the product was back ordered, and there would be a "small delay"... no problem.

Well, about a year went by, and truthfully, I had forgotten about the fact that I had ordered the thing at all... but I guess something triggered my memory, so I contacted MFJ, and they replied that they would be making more of those devices in the "near future".  Oh well... no problem.  It'll get here when it gets here.

In the meantime, I forgot about it again.  Well, today I got a "shipping notification" from MFJ.  Hmmm. I don't remember ordering anything - figured it was a fake message, but I looked at it anyway.

Lo and Behold !  The MFJ-835 (that I  had totally forgotten about) was shipping !  Got a tracking number and everything :-)

This is *NOT* a complaint about MFJ at all.... Just a funny story about a rather LONG back order.

I wonder if this has happened to anyone else (either the forgetting part, or the back order part!!).

High Power, Broadcast Audio and Low Cost?  Check out the class E web site at: http://www.classeradio.org
AJ1G
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2022, 02:46:31 PM »

Certainly the forgetting part.  Lately shack cleanups are Christmas morning!  Wow-wee a Palomar T/R switched receiver preamp for use with a transceiver!  Totally forgot I had that.

Just normal TMB Syndrome (Too Many Birthdays)!

Sounds like a topic for an upcoming Lonely Guys Net.

What’s the best thing you recently came across in your radio stuff that you totally forgot you had?

Chris, AJ1G
Stonington, CT
K8DI
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2022, 03:51:28 PM »

Reluctantly, I’ll admit to buying things I already own, because I can’t find them or forgot I had them. This is mostly specialized tools or supplies for the day job, but since I own the company, it’s the same as wasting my own money…

As to back orders, the ones that bug me are when I’ve given up on a vendor, order it elsewhere, and a month later, the original order arrives…

Ed

Ed, K8DI, warming the air with RF, and working on lighting the shack with thoriated tungsten and mercury vapor...
WO4K
Contributing

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2022, 07:59:07 AM »

Steve, thanks for posting this. Good to know I am not the only one. Last month I purchased a digital rotor control from MFJ and got the same notice. When I called to ask how long the wait would be, the person responding from the Hy-Gain part of the company had no idea. Boards coming out of China. I do believe my money has been Shanghaied.

Patrolling the ionosphere from Woodlawn, Tennessee.
steve_qix
Contributing

Bap!

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2022, 02:23:14 PM »

Oops !!  Don't get my hopes up.  This is the status now.  Package appears to be "lost" within Fed Ex.  Won't be the first that never made it to Mirror Lake using Fex Ex.

High Power, Broadcast Audio and Low Cost?  Check out the class E web site at: http://www.classeradio.org
AJ1G
Contributing

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2022, 03:34:46 PM »

FedEx is usually much more reliable than UPS or USPS.  On the last three times I had tracking
on paper tax filings that were mailed (two federal and one CT) NONE were ever confirmed as being received via USPS.  All tracking died at regional distribution centers where apparently they went in bulk packages directly to either the IRS or CT DRS.  They were neither scanned out of the regional centers or scanned as delivered.  All eventually actually were delivered, but they are still listed as in transit on USPS up to two years since they left our local post office!  I was told by our local postmaster that the IRS is notorious for not scanning in received tracked mail.  Was pretty stressful not knowing the status for several months until their status finally surfaced on the IRS and DRS systems.  Don’t use mailed
returns anymore!

Chris, AJ1G
Stonington, CT
steve_qix
Contributing

Bap!

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2022, 05:50:59 PM »

Since I've been here, I've had 2 fed ex package deliveries stolen.  They just disappeared !

This certainly looks like another one.  All stolen packages were electronic equipment.

W3DBB

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2022, 09:00:34 AM »

My Fed-Ex deliveries are delayed once in a while. Haven't had anything lost, stolen, or misplaced. I'm a good 75 miles from their closest distribution center. My guess is they delay so they're not sending less than truckload shipments out for delivery.

Doug

beautiful downtown Strodes Mills, Pennsylvania
WD8BIL
Contributing

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2022, 10:51:18 AM »

I've got an order coming Fed(up)Ex I ordered 2 weeks ago. It took them 4 days to get it from South Carolina to North Carolina! There it sat for 2 more days. First scheduled delivery was the 12th. Now it says today by 9:00PM.

We'll see.
KB2WIG
Contributing

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2022, 11:23:42 AM »

With the labor shortage, it apears that FedReck is employing MFJ workers.

klc

What? Me worry?
steve_qix
Contributing

Bap!

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2022, 01:59:42 PM »

It appears as if Fed Ex has located the package in *MASSACHUSETTS* (I live in New Hampshire).  So, it WAS in New Hampshire, and somehow was misdirected to MA, want to Maine, and is now back in New Hampshire.

Supposedly I will get it this afternoon.

I'm glad it's not another lost or stolen piece of electronic equipment.  I've lost a few of them in the Fed Ex system over the years.

steve_qix
Contributing

Bap!

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2022, 10:18:31 PM »

The balanced line current meter arrived !!!!!!!!!  I haven't hooked it up yet, but it IS here - safe and sound.

Fed Ex did lose the package, but they actually found it after a while, and got it to me.  Good job !!!

Well, we'll see how this device works.  I'll hook it up one of these days.

KD6VXI
Contributing

Making AM GREAT Again!

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2022, 06:36:50 AM »

I have ackages 'disappear' within the system quite a bit.

Pensacola, FL is the worst.  Anything that goes through their distribution enter is guaranteed to add an extra week.  Puerto Rico sometimes loses packages for one to two weeks, although that could be a customs thing I've heard.

Sometimes, packages just disappear.  Still waiting on some socks that where supposed to be delivered 4 months ago.  Still shown out for delivery.  The USPS considered them not lost for a year....  Way after any hope of recourse from ebay, etc.

Just another 'perk' of living in the middle of the Carribean Ocean.  Too bad I'm not a gamvli g man, everytime I hit buy it now would be a thrill!

--Shane
WP2ASS / ex KD6VXI
kb3ouk

The Voice of Fulton County

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2022, 07:33:21 PM »

I had UPS (i think so, its been a while) send a package from CA to Harrisburg, PA, then to Lancaster, then back to Harrisburg and just sit there. Contact the sender a few weeks later, they now have it back in CA saying basically UPS claims the address was wrong. No address was right, second time they sent it it finally got here.

Clarke's Second Law: The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is by venturing a little past them into the impossible
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015