Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /homepages/11/d132647312/htdocs/Amfone/mkportal/include/SMF/smf_out.php on line 47
GOODBYE CLASS "E": WELCOME CLASS D REVERSE "1/D"

The AM Forum
August 17, 2022, 03:30:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: GOODBYE CLASS "E": WELCOME CLASS D REVERSE "1/D"  (Read 4573 times)
M0VRF

« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2022, 05:55:21 PM »

I'm up for that yes please PM me and I'll provide details.
I'd rather pay something, even do a swap or something..?

The sine drive I described was for single ended (15W@12V).

The other versions are push pull, one using an AD9833 driving a dual invertor to square and inv square for both phases and the other design just uses the direct o/p's from an AD9850. Both give around 40-42% duty cycle.
 Altho I'm unable to adj the duty cycle or phase  both designs seem efficient enough and are very simple build.

When I first did my experiments and simulations some 15 years ago small variations in the duty cycle just seemed to alter the tuning and then I retuned to restore the peak efficiency.

Let keep it going on!

KJ7AGO

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2022, 01:22:46 PM »

Duty Cycle:
My experience with duty cycle and the CMCD amps is that you should get as close to 50% as you can.  Apparently, CMCD are more sensitive than other switchers:
(see photo)
Symmetry between banks is more important than the actual number.  Obviously you can only get as close to 50% as the speed of your circuit will allow.  For me at 20m that is around 48%, and the drop in efficiency as I got away from it is noticeable.
Efficiency aside, getting the most out of your transistors/circuit means maximizing the on time (area under the curve and all).

MOVRF- PM sent

Chuck KJ7AGO

* Drain efficiency vs duty cycle for PAs.png (332.34 KB, 1530x882 - viewed 48 times.)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone 2001-2015