The AM Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:05:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wilcox 96D TX?  (Read 18371 times)
John K5PRO

« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2006, 01:38:32 PM »

I received the TM for this thing yesterday from a very nice ham, it officially the T-158/FRT transmitter, and there is the PP-219A/FRT power supply and the MD-69A/FRT modulator cabinet. The power supply would power at least 3 of the RF decks simultaneously at 2.5 kW output each, so it weighs 1800 lbs! Quite the Maul. Yikes - no wonder people have parted out the T-158s in the past. The control circuits are very complex, having a telephone dial that is used to dial up different modes remotely. There are big telco style stepping relays that went along with that. I haven't lost my resolve but certainly this beast is going to have to wait for my new garage/workshop addition this summer. Just tracing out the circuit diagram to build a simple turnon/off control scheme looks to be nightmarish.

John K5PRO

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2006, 10:28:37 PM »

I received the spare front panel with the exact tuning counter, knob that i needed for the Wilcox 96D, Thanks John (W3JN)! Also got a big mutha vacuum variable cap to fit it with a bit of mechanical shaft work.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015