The AM Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:40:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Berryville VA hamfest photos 8/1/21  (Read 3139 times)
K4NYW
Contributing

« on: August 03, 2021, 03:54:11 PM »

Good crowd. Lots of vintage equipment.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/sKLZz6VrAJi4imkB7

w8khk

This ham got his ticket the old fashioned way.

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2021, 06:31:21 PM »

Nick, thanks so much for sharing the photos.  It was obviously a GREAT fest, like those we were accustomed to a couple years ago.  Health issues prevented me from attending this year, but next August I hope to make the trip to Berryville, not only to peruse the boat anchors, but also to visit with all the AMers in attendance.

Rick / W8KHK  ex WB2HKX, WB4GNR
"Both politicians and diapers need to be changed often and for the same reason.”   Ronald Reagan

My smart?phone voicetext screws up homophones, but they are crystal clear from my 75 meter plate-modulated AM transmitter
W3GMS
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2021, 09:25:55 PM »

Thanks Jim for all the great pictures of the Fester.  Its definitely going to be on my list to attend next year.  This is one of the best showing of BA gear I have seen recently at a Hamfest. 

Simplicity is the Elegance of Design---W3GMS
W3DBB

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2021, 08:56:10 AM »

I concur. It was a great 'fest. Hamfest staff and locals are friendly and thank you for coming. The photos do it justice; they're exactly what I saw. More good stuff at this one than Sussex County NJ two weeks ago, and Suzzicks was no slouch. Once again I came away empty-handed. My warehouse is full. I'm reduced to looking for a few very specific items. If your preference is for restored turnkey receivers W3HM and W3JN had the nicest stuff there. There was a lot of other old stuff  ranging from basket cases to good condition/seemingly complete. Amazing how much of it was selling. Pent-up demand? The weather was unseasonably cool and stayed dry until 9AM when some rain finally arrived. By that time I'd seen the entire flea market 3 times as is customary. It was time to go. Missed the Ruritan BBQ chicken!

Doug

beautiful downtown Strodes Mills, Pennsylvania
Les Locklear

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2021, 11:53:31 AM »

It's been several years since I've been to a hamfest with that many goodies! That Murphy receiver looked tempting... Smiley

Thanks for the great photos, Nick!

Les Locklear
Gulfport, Ms.
K4NYW
Contributing

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2021, 12:47:27 PM »

Yep, not often you see a Murphy B40 with the sideband adapter....like never.
I'm not into Hallicrafters receivers, but I was awestruck by the trailer full at "2 for $30"
Good fun!
For anyone feeling hamfest deprived, I've got photos from many past hamfests at the bottom of this page
https://www.virhistory.com/ham/index.html
Cheers,
Nick K4NYW

Bob K2NK

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2021, 07:33:33 PM »

Thank You! Very enjoyable. Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015