The AM Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:52:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Collins and Shure Bros info..  (Read 1798 times)
wb1ead
Contributing

« on: August 01, 2021, 01:17:00 PM »

Hi All..found a couple of interesting to me finds at a local flea mrkt..1st off is a Collins tropospheric scatter calculator model 544-3822-003 in a leather pouch with instructions dated July 1 1958..the other in its brown paper folder a Shure Bros reactance slide rule but no model # or date but judging from the pictures on the instructions the same time period 50s
               So my question is and yah I did try to find info on the web..found pictures but not much info..are these items still of use and do they have any value considering what's out there on the web for resource..in all the catalogs and other stuff I've looked thru over the years I never ever saw anything like these two..thanks for any info here..!!  73 de DAVE WB1EAD

AMer livin in "Moose Country"
W1NB

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2021, 06:32:51 PM »

The principals behind both are still useful but slide rules and other matrices have been supplanted (for most people) by computers.

They certainly may be of interest to collectors.
wb1ead
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2021, 10:11:43 AM »

Tnx Scott..I should've worded it to say if they had any value to someone..it sorta sounds like I wanted to know the $$ value so I could run out and post on Ebay..not likely..but I guess to a collector there cud be a use for these..if there were a close by radio/ham museum that's where they most likely belong..thanks again Scott for chiming in.!! 73 de DAVE WB1EAD

AMer livin in "Moose Country"
W1NB

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2021, 08:45:18 PM »

Dave,

They may be something of interest to the AWA. You might check with Janice AB2RA. I think she’s quite active in the AWA and I’m pretty sure she’s a retired engineer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015