The AM Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:21:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RF Broadcast.com  (Read 4189 times)
KD1SH

« on: July 16, 2021, 12:13:06 PM »

Anyone ever hear of these guys, or do business with them?
https://www.rfbroadcast.com/
They don't answer their phone, don't indicate anywhere on their website where they are, and it seems that the 280 area code doesn't correspond to any location in the U.S.
Just a little suspicious.

"Gosh, Batman, I never knew there were no punctuation marks in alphabet soup!"
—Robin, in the 1960's Batman TV series.
Jim/WA2MER
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2021, 03:38:45 PM »

Never heard of them but I looked up their website. 280 is the telephone exchange. The area code is 877, which is a toll free code that's not assigned to a specific geographic area. Unless someone here knows anything more about them your best bet would be to call the people who know: RF Broadcast. How they interact with you could speak volumes. Or maybe not.

Anything worth doing is worth doing to excess.
Since you have to die anyway, you might as well die from something you like.
Sam KS2AM
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2021, 03:53:35 PM »

They have some information on their Contact Us page https://www.rfbroadcast.com/contact-us/ including an email address of sales@rfbroadcast.com.

--- Post No Bills ---
KD1SH

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2021, 06:24:26 PM »

Apologies - wrong terminology - but no luck in establishing a location based on that number. And they never answer, just pass me to voicemail. I suppose I'll just try that. Maybe I'm being too suspicious, but something feels fishy.

Never heard of them but I looked up their website. 280 is the telephone exchange. The area code is 877, which is a toll free code that's not assigned to a specific geographic area. Unless someone here knows anything more about them your best bet would be to call the people who know: RF Broadcast. How they interact with you could speak volumes. Or maybe not.

Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2021, 08:42:03 PM »

Unsettling web site - no real info on ownership or location.
Going to ABOUT US and

About Us

Comming Soon..

Poking around the web site, another one: best seler products and more,
Faster Delievery

Can't afford a spell check.  Cheesy

No reviews of Company anywhere online.

You can Google the phone number or do a reverse telephone lookup.

I would pass on purchasing anything from this place. They can't be the only place that carries what you might need. It's sort of like sending your money into a void and hoping that something comes out on the other side.

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
W1RKW
Contributing

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2021, 07:03:37 AM »

maybe this will provide some insight.

https://whois.domaintools.com/rfbroadcast.com

Bob
W1RKW
Home of GORT. A buddy of mine named the 813 rig GORT.
His fear was when I turned it on for the first time life on earth would come to a stand still.
Jim/WA2MER
Contributing

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2021, 07:38:33 AM »

something feels fishy.
"Trust your feelings, Luke."

Any business that consistently fails to answer their published fone number, and where you have to go anywhere but their own website to learn about them is to be avoided. Run away!

Anything worth doing is worth doing to excess.
Since you have to die anyway, you might as well die from something you like.
N1BCG

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2021, 10:55:05 AM »

Wow! You can't beat these deals on broadcast transmitters:

https://www.rfbroadcast.com/product-category/amfmtvsat-transmission/transmission/am-transmitters/

Free shipping would be superb...
N4LTA
Contributing

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2021, 11:34:40 AM »

Looks exactly like the Telescope scam that came out a few years ago. Based in Indonesia they burned quite a few foolish people thinking they were getting impossible deals on high priced telescopes. Selling  scopes that were impossible to get without long waits for 20 cents on the dollar.

I wouldn't touch this with a ten foot pole.

Pat
N4LTA
w8khk

This ham got his ticket the old fashioned way.

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2021, 12:11:26 PM »

What's to worry about?  All the pieces of their website fit together like a custom knitted pair of gloves, with the word SCAM! nicely embroidered in Day-Glow orange.  

If you simply google "rfbroadcast", the first hit is a link to their reviews(s), with a map detailing their geographic coverage.

See the three attached images for a good laugh!

I clicked their "online chat" button, and a window appeared asking for my name, email address, subject, and a nice big window to leave a detailed message.  Seems like the perfect online chat implementation to me.. YEAH RIGHT!

As Pete mentioned, the "About Us" says Comming soon.

But in the attached image of their five-star review from Supa Cindy, (the only review), you can see that they have been in business for apparently more than two years.  Certainly enough time to post their address information.  

If you look at the image linked to their review, they have offices or warehouses all over North America, including Alaska!  It indicates they are open 24 hours, but they don't ever answer their phone?

After seeing all this carefully organized bait, I am ready to run for the hills!

* RFBroadcast.JPG (61.9 KB, 567x860 - viewed 196 times.)

* RFBreview.JPG (27.7 KB, 888x394 - viewed 198 times.)

* RFBchat.JPG (32.22 KB, 863x638 - viewed 198 times.)

Rick / W8KHK  ex WB2HKX, WB4GNR
"Both politicians and diapers need to be changed often and for the same reason.”   Ronald Reagan

My smart?phone voicetext screws up homophones, but they are crystal clear from my 75 meter plate-modulated AM transmitter
KD1SH

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2021, 12:48:55 PM »

They caught my attention because they were offering new 4-400A's for $200; not too bad in today's market. But, they advertise them as Eimacs, the text says Taylor, and the picture shows Penta.
I started getting that creepy feeling when the website was so vague about who, and where, they were.
The idea of tossing money into a black hole and never getting anything back is bad enough, but  the idea of sending my credit/debit card info into that black hole is worse still. Spider Sense is tingling.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015