The AM Forum
March 29, 2024, 06:21:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 75 Meters AM Radio Nets  (Read 15996 times)
KB5MD
Contributing

« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2020, 06:21:42 PM »

Then there is the one who drones on and on for 20 minutes or more and then says' "Well 73's , I have to go"  After boring the hell out of everyone else, signs off without doing the others the courtesy
of listening to their replies.  His time is more important than everyone else in the qso.
W2PFY
Contributing

« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2020, 11:56:30 PM »

Has anyone ever heard a throat-mic?

Deep Throat did!

I used to run The Boring Net. People left, it was too boring.

The The Missed Directed Net for hams who needed direction.

And the last net I ran was The Dead Net. I used to call up recently departed hams who went to the dark side. That net didn't last too long? No one ever came back to me on the call up???

The secrecy of my job prevents me from knowing what I am doing.
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2020, 01:43:14 AM »

These are all really interesing. Wind chimes are relaxing, and the sound of dishes being done means it's not my turn to do them  Grin

Carbon Mike Tone Deaf Net. I like that one! May as well use a carbon button telephone handset, good comms quality. Where's that box of nasty old microphones when it's wanted?

The Dead Net - Too creepy for me. Evil spirits might answer. Seance, ouija, divination, are forbiden here.
It could be a 'polite' way to hold the frequency for a little while and surely there are some people who might be interested enough in that sort of activity to pursue a ham license to try it.

The Kerchunker Net? Start off your turn and your transmitter with a contactor and/or a motor-generator set, etc. Obliged when leaving the net to sign-off by having some sort of burnout. Still inspired by Don on the loud contactor idea. IIRC he had a contactor mounted on a piece of wood and it was very audible.

* Allis Chalmers Antique Electric Motor Startup-brief - Copy.mpg (527.22 KB - downloaded 175 times.)
* txh-1138-lola-t70-mk-iii-acceleration-brief - Copy.mpg (424.47 KB - downloaded 179 times.)
* burnout-motor-funny640.mpg (897.29 KB - downloaded 249 times.)

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
N5RLR
Extra With A Side Of Fries

Supremely Lurking

« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2020, 12:17:27 AM »

The Cappella Net:    (music with voice only - without instrumental accompaniment)

Everyone takes a turn and sings their best renditions of their favorite songs.

With COVID-19 causing many (including my girlfriend) to cast a suspicious eye at microphones at karaoke singings, this sounds FB.  Luckily I try to keep in practice by singing in the car and shower.  Grin

don't forget the good ole stand by; aches, pains and ailments net.  Though they are a dime a dozen on 75m on any given late night.

With everything that ails me getting worse now, I'd fit right in. Tongue

My recommendation, a CW net using AM voice only. You need to mouth out the "Bah, bi-bi bah's."

"Ba-Ba-Baah, Ba-Ba-Bra-Ann?" (My late sister, named Barbara Ann, *hated* that song.)

Michael

Licensed Since 1990  Cheesy
W4EWH

« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2020, 08:59:50 AM »

I think we should have an Up-Against-the-Wall-Mother-Truckers net: it'll include classic Jefferson Airplane tunes like "Crown of Creation," "Volunteers," "Good Shepherd," and (of course) "White Rabbit!"

Life's too short for plastic radios.  Wallow in the hollow! - KD1SH
AJ1G
Contributing

« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2020, 01:12:11 PM »

The Kerchunker Net? Start off your turn and your transmitter with a contactor and/or a motor-generator set, etc. Obliged when leaving the net to sign-off by having some sort of burnout. Still inspired by Don on the loud contactor idea. IIRC he had a contactor mounted on a piece of wood and it was very audible.

Up here in the Northeast, Jim, WA1UQM has one of the loudest, most authoritative contractor clunks on transmit ever heard.  I think he has something like a NEMA Size 3 3 phase contactor that doesn’t really do anything but make noise miked up the way the Red Sox Radio Network has the Green Monster at Fenway miked up for the Wall Balls.  In fact Jim’s ker-chunk  sounds very much like a Wall Ball.  Maybe it’s really just a sound bite he recorded off of WTIC Hartford!

Chris, AJ1G
Stonington, CT
w1vtp

« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2020, 03:14:18 PM »

To be inclusive.....

Black Robed Gangster Net

klc

Make that spelling "Gangsta"    Grin
KR4HH

« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2021, 09:47:09 AM »

The Hair Net":

Qualifications, you have to be at least 40 years old and still have some hair on your head, however, a beard will qualify you as an associate member.
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2021, 07:29:10 PM »

Is everyone happy now?
Terry has his own organ thread.

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2021, 12:53:39 AM »

The Carbon Mic Tone Deaf Net

Two activities:

First, the "Slam the Table" exercise to repack the granules.   Then the competition begins:  The winner must give detailed EQ adjustment advice to twenty-five carbon mic users in a row without losing his mind.   

T

Tempted to write up some contest rules for that..

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
W3DBB

« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2021, 08:04:52 AM »

A couple of my favorites:

KA3OTT "Ott's"   No One's Allowed Net
A valid commentary on amateur radio's social structure.

-and of course-

"The Thanksgiving Weekend Homecoming Jamboree- not a contest but a fraternal homecoming"
Part of the ongoing pretext to occupy a frequency.
Classic 'VJZ "O.K. fine" and sometimes not so O.K.

Doug

beautiful downtown Strodes Mills, Pennsylvania
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015