The AM Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:42:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Regency Network and other thoughts  (Read 3634 times)
KA3EKH

« on: March 24, 2021, 03:28:24 PM »

Just finished a big project building a processor that makes a 8 bit ASCII MSG-64 communications terminal work on Ham 5 bit RTTY and am looking at maybe moving back to beating on the AN/GRC-215 Regency Net pallet I picked up some time ago. Still need a couple things to get that all working like a RN Modem and the radio itself but hope springs eternal.
Anyway, if anyone has any knowledge or components for the GRC-215 Regency system please share.
You can see a video of the RTTY set up at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ka1wwvex5o

The RTTY set up like a lot of the other projects that I will spend much money and time on are all a little pointless to most other people, but I often say that if you have to ask why then you won’t understand.
Makes me think about maybe a new competition to see who has the most pointless but still useful radio? The military stuff is a great venue for this because there are numerous military sets that are huge, heavy and overlay complicated and may hold the titles for fewest watts per pound.
Just about everything I do qualifies but one radio I have not owned yet is the BC-653 and its companion receiver the BC-642, it weighs over 400 Lbs. consumes over 40 amps in transmit and just about makes 50 watts. The CQ Surplus conversion manual says that if you have this radio “that you got 400 lbs. of nothing” I would love to have one.
KA3EKH

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2021, 03:30:30 PM »

Sorry, wrong video link ( but maybe equally pointless) the proper link is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMiDnn5a_xM

KA0HCP
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2021, 08:45:31 PM »

Nice job, Ray!

New callsign KA0HCP, ex-KB4QAA.  Relocated to Kansas in April 2019.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015