The AM Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:29:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Piss Weak during recovery  (Read 6142 times)
WD8BIL
Contributing

« on: April 12, 2021, 06:58:03 AM »

Hi Guys........ I had my right knee replaced last Friday. I've setup a studio B in the living room next to my recliner with the IC 746. Listen for my PW signal on 40 AM from time to time please. Help pass the time!

* Studio B 2.jpg (133.99 KB, 1080x810 - viewed 410 times.)
WA2SQQ
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2021, 07:54:51 AM »

Nice temporary station, but the PW applies more appropriately to the brew. For a less stress recovery I’d recommend a hearty stout or perhaps a nice IPA, either starting at 7% ABV!
Rehab will have you back to normal operation soon! Good luck.
WD8BIL
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2021, 08:34:29 AM »

Thanks Bob. Well the brew was being paired up with a good Irish whiskey but that's over for a week or 2 while on the Perks! Smiley
w8khk

This ham got his ticket the old fashioned way.

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2021, 12:03:18 PM »

That is a nice looking living-room setup you have there, Buddly.  I am glad you are in recovery and will be feeling much better soon.

You can't beat Yuengling, brought to you from Pottstown, the oldest brewery in the USA!  I prefer the Yuengling Black and Tan, in a depth charge with a shot of Canadian Club before the pour.  Irish whisky would work as well.  You should consider ordering some Black and Tan, you will enjoy it too!

Rick / W8KHK  ex WB2HKX, WB4GNR
"Both politicians and diapers need to be changed often and for the same reason.”   Ronald Reagan

My smart?phone voicetext screws up homophones, but they are crystal clear from my 75 meter plate-modulated AM transmitter
KB2WIG
Contributing

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2021, 01:05:51 PM »

You could "do" a real Black 'n Tan.

Half a bottle of Harps with half a bottle of Guiness floated on top.

Real men dont need no stinkin pre mix.

KLC

Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology

What? Me worry?
Steve - K4HX
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2021, 09:20:06 PM »

Good luck with the recovery Buddly.
K4RT
Contributing

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2021, 12:34:33 AM »

Buddly,

Hope you're feeling better.

Brad K4RT
WBear2GCR

Brrrr- it's cold in the shack! Fire up the BIG RIG

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2021, 03:45:25 PM »

A replacement?

A warranty exchange??

_-_-bear

_-_- bear WB2GCR                   http://www.bearlabs.com
KA2PTE
KA2PTE

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2021, 04:28:52 PM »

He could have 3d printed his own at home, too late now tho.

==================
EF Johnson RF Tube Linears
==================
https://groups.io/g/johnson-tube-linears
KA8WTK
Contributing

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2021, 06:57:52 PM »

Go ahead, drink the Yuengling. Why waste the good stuff when you got good drugs?
Do what ever floats your boat and gets you back on your feet!
Speedy recovery.

Bill KA8WTK

Bill KA8WTK
WD8BIL
Contributing

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2021, 10:03:36 AM »

Thanks Bill! Sound advise as always.
Locally I'm on 146.52 FM and the 146.895 machine PL118.8.

Hope y'all are well!

Buddly
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2021, 06:03:41 PM »

Heya Buddly - Hope your knee is coming along well. Had shoulder replacement surgery a week ago Thursday, finally back to a point where I can probably sit in the station chair for more than 5 minutes.

Was just down in the basement doing some 'light' organizing with 40m playing in the background. A lot of static crashes from the storm system to the south & west. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

I've got one bottle of Great Return IPA and 3 bottles of Moosehead lager left in the fridge from before the surgery. Disappointed in the Moosehead, it tasted better when I was in college.

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
WD8BIL
Contributing

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2021, 12:52:46 PM »

Hey Todd!

Hope the shoulder is healing good. I'm back at work hobbling my way through the day pretty well.

The armchair station is going away this Saturday since i can get to the main basement shack pretty well now.

See you on the air.

Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2021, 10:28:01 AM »

Doing alright, Buddly - starting 3rd week of PT today. Already able to do many things though range of motion is still somewhat limited in areas. Can mow with the lawn tractor but have a tough time getting my wallet in or out of my back pocket, for example.

Apologies for bailing on you when we chatted a couple weeks back. There's a sneaky parasitic that shows up in the tank if things are tuned just so. With only one hand available, I wasn't able to key the transmitter, turn all necessary knobs, and watch the meters at the top of the transmitter at the same time. Thought it was set beforehand but clearly something drifted outta tune.

Soon!

K1JJ
Contributing

"Let's go kayaking, Tommy!" - Yaz

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2021, 11:30:48 AM »

Already able to do many things though grange of motion is still somewhat limited in areas. Can mow with the lawn tractor but have a tough time getting my wallet in or out of my back pocket, for example.

Hola Todd!

Your wallet comment set off a red flag in me. A great time to break a habit...

Just a head's up... wallets in the back pocket are a pick-pocket's dream.  A slight bump/push to the rear leg and the wallet is gone.  Back in high school it was a popular way to carry a wallet. A group of us used to pull out friends' wallets then axe them if they had change for a dollar.  The fumbling and looking for their wallet was good for a laugh. We got real good at it. Imagine how easy it is for a pro.

Some guys use chains and some use money belts. Money belts are probably the safest way to travel on a  crowded subway, an acid test.

In this day and age it's a nightmare to lose our personal credit cards and ID.  

Start at 4:55 and see how it's done by a pro pick-pocket:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykFMmnOfvL4&list=RDCMUC42VsoDtra5hMiXZSsD6eGg&index=1

Inexpensive but effective money belts:

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=money+belt&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIyM_5xIrR8AIVVcDICh0frgNfEAAYAiAAEgKICPD_BwE&hvadid=174245664446&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9003194&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=17282785816822012273&hvtargid=kwd-66423000&hydadcr=24665_9649025&tag=googhydr-20&ref=pd_sl_8a5ewa3a1i_e

Glad to see you're feeling better, OM!  And you too, Buddly!

T

Use an "AM Courtesy Filter" to limit transmit audio bandwidth  +-4.5 KHz, +-6.0 KHz or +-8.0 KHz when needed.  Easily done in DSP.

Wise Words : "I'm as old as I've ever been... and I'm as young as I'll ever be."

There's nothing like an old dog.
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2021, 11:28:06 AM »

Thanks for the info, Tom. Since we live out in the sticks and I seldom go into the city, that's not an issue for me. When I do, the wallet gets moved for sure.

A bigger issue now is the folks who can scan your cards and steal info simply by walking close to you. They make special 'shielded' wallets to combat that, no idea how well they work.

Looking forward to getting active again this year and hopefully to enjoying some of those rousing sessions on 75m that we used to have 'back in the day'. 'PJP is in the process of building a new place and moving, the rest of us just need to make more of an effort to get back on the air. It's too easy to get carried away with everything else in life.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015