The AM Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:30:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone want to join a HAM WEBCAM site?  (Read 3957 times)
kenw2dtc
« on: May 14, 2005, 11:12:24 PM »

http://w2dtc.com/webcam-amateur-radio.htm
N3WWL
Founding

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2005, 08:40:40 AM »

Hi, Ken.  Gary has been working on audio and video right here on the bulletin board, being incorporated with the current chat button.  It's still in it's preliminary / testing stage.  Just check the bottom of the Forum Index page to see if any parties are listed in the chat area, and join in.  There are several webcam pages availabe for fellow hams.  Ted, KC3OL, hosts one also.  Have a great weekend and 73.
Vortex Joe - N3IBX

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2005, 11:11:54 AM »

Ken,
      I'm befuddled about one thing. Is the video real time (like fast scan) or more like slow scan, capturing a pic once every 15 seconds or so?

Joe Cro N3IBX

Anything that is Breadboarded,Black Crackle, or that squeals when you tune it gives me MAJOR WOOD!
kenw2dtc
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2005, 11:37:58 AM »

Jay,
I didn't know about the other webcams, I'm a novice at webcams.  I'll check them out, thanks..
Ken W2DTC

Joe,
The video refreshes every second so it's not like fast scan ATV but it's pretty decent.  You do not need equipment to check in and view the action.  I saw a message on the webcam from Henk.  He told me that 3885 was clear in Holland so we moved up from 3880 and that is when Henk heard us.  He heard Chris in Fort Lauderdale and myself and then posted reception messages on the webcam.  
Ken W2DTC
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015