The AM Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:21:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I've collected too much stuff!  (Read 3870 times)
Chuck...K1KW
Contributing

« on: January 26, 2021, 05:18:54 PM »

Well, not sure if this the right place to post this, but I've taken stock of all the components I've collected over the years for future construction projects. The future is here. I've got too much stuff, no junk.  I'll never use it all plus I'd have to live to at least 200 years old to use it all up....So I'm selling some of it.  (Saving enough for the next 5 or so rigs to be built) I'll post some in the For Sale section but if you have a particular need for a part, let me know at my email address:  cdoneal@comcast.net  Local pick up on major iron would be best.

Stuff I've got:  Plate transformers (lots of these and some really decent custom ones), chokes, modulation transformers (a couple of 1KW BC ones), lot's of smaller ones, filament transformers, tank inductors, variable caps of all descriptions, meters (lots of these), tubes, plus lots of nice project rigs I'll never get to.  Also just about any component to make a rig, lots of small stuff. 

Chuck

73, Chuck...K1KW
W1RC
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2021, 09:47:36 PM »

Chuck.....

We have all collected too much stuff iver 50 odd years of hamming.......I am doing exactly the same thing. I have found the swapmeet section of qrz.com to be very effective. 

Then of course there is always eBay.

MrMike,W1RC

"It is a good thing we don't get the government we pay for."  Will Rogers.
WA2SQQ
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2021, 11:02:40 PM »

Just a suggestion, why not have the group post what they are In search of.  That will minimize the list of what’s available.
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2021, 11:42:58 AM »

The AM CLASSIFIEDS, available on this forum

is a great place to post all your "For Sale" and "Wanted" items.

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
W1RKW
Contributing

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2021, 03:19:19 PM »

dead link, Pete.

Bob
W1RKW
Home of GORT. A buddy of mine named the 813 rig GORT.
His fear was when I turned it on for the first time life on earth would come to a stand still.
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2021, 04:51:28 PM »

dead link, Pete.
I modified the link and it worked for me "at this moment" - a minute from now or an hour from now, who knows.

The AM CLASSIFIEDS on this forum aren't hard to find.

edit: Grrrrrrrrrrrr!! it failed again after 10 minutes. I removed the link; no time to diddle with it.

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
KD6VXI
Contributing

Making AM GREAT Again!

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2021, 10:49:04 PM »

http://amfone.net/Amforum/index.php?board=33.0

BTW, he is posting stuff there already.

I drooled over the 1kw mod xformer....  But alas, too far away 😭

--Shane
KD6VXI
Chuck...K1KW
Contributing

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2021, 06:14:04 PM »

Yes, I've posted and sold a few items here in the For Sale section.  My latest postings have all been sold at this point and I updated my comments in the For Sale section with the following which I'll repeat here:

"I've received many email requests for parts and have been able to help out over half of them.  I tried doing an inventory but no way I can list everything.  Emailing requests seems to work for me.  Again, I do not have parts for any specific radios.  I've received requests for S meters, power transformers and other parts specific to particular radios.  I didn't collect that stuff at all.  All "generic" parts, lots of iron of all types, meters, inductors, tuning caps, insulators, receiving tubes for just about anything, transmitting tubes, tube sockets, you name anything needed to build a rig.  I may just have it.

I may list items from time to time but it will be big things I won't use.  Maybe a few project radios as well.  Trying to clear poundage and space.

I was prepared to bring a truck load to Nearfest but...."

Chuck K1KW

73, Chuck...K1KW
Chuck...K1KW
Contributing

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2021, 05:30:38 AM »

Wow!!

Lots of requests and I've been able to help about a third of them.  I wish it was more but unloaded lots of stuff and keep the emails coming!  Again, it's only generic stuff for building rigs.  I do have lots of those power transformers with filament and plate windings so if you are looking for one of those for a receiver or transmitter, specify the secondary voltages and current requirements.  Got lots of these. Even ones to build another 2 or 3 ART-13 supplies...

73, Chuck...K1KW
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015