The AM Forum
March 29, 2024, 08:02:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Does anyone lust after a Stancor ST-202A?  (Read 2017 times)
N0WEK
Contributing

« on: January 17, 2021, 04:15:28 AM »

I found a Stancor ST-202A transmitter, complete and in good condition with all the tubes for $100.

No way to test it but it looks unmolested. It has six 40 and 80 meter crystals in it and a BVL-20 tank coil.

I didn't buy it but figured someone may want it.  It's in Minneapolis, I can pick it up and hold it for someone but I don't want to ship it!

Greg

Diesel boats and tube gear forever!
W3SLK

Just another member member.

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2021, 08:11:42 AM »

I have one but it is in a state of 'suspended animation'. Actually I lent it to Joe, N3IBX(SK). His estate has it and is waiting for this pandemic to die down for me to retrieve it. Originally set up with a 35-T as a final. But you can run pretty much any medium mu triode of its class in it. I think they even suggest an 811's as a final. Anyway, it will do AM but you have to use an outboard modulator. Joe told me he had trouble getting it loaded properly and could only get about 35 watts out. I'm kind of anxious to get it back to put it on 40M to see how it will work.

Mike(y)/W3SLK
Invisible airwaves crackle with life, bright antenna bristle with the energy. Emotional feedback, on timeless wavelength, bearing a gift beyond lights, almost free.... Spirit of Radio/Rush
N0WEK
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2021, 11:52:50 AM »

I always thought they were cool. This one has an 811 in the final.

Diesel boats and tube gear forever!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015