The AM Forum
April 16, 2024, 03:16:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Adobie Flash not working  (Read 3457 times)
W2PFY
Contributing

« on: January 14, 2021, 06:19:28 PM »

http://www.amwindow.org/tech/htm/tech.htm

I guess the Adobe Flash has finally pulled the plug. That section above where you used to be able to link to some older stuff that Steve has maintained, will no longer work?

Anyhow, until something is done to link those pages, I have posted the link to all.

The secrecy of my job prevents me from knowing what I am doing.
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2021, 07:30:55 PM »

Adobe Flash is gone. End of life 12/31/20.  Some minor resuscitation to 1/13/21 but now it's officially dead.

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
Steve - K4HX
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2021, 10:06:31 PM »

Yea, those links should just be HTML. Grrrrrr!!!!!
WA2SQQ
Contributing

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2021, 10:13:13 PM »

It’s about time!
W1ITT

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2021, 08:13:14 AM »

Until recently, the National Weather Service radar maps ran on AdobeFlash.  They announced last fall that Adobe was quitting and that they'd be going to a new format.  While the new format has some advantages, it doesn't seem to be as useful for seeing storm intensities and paths of the heavy precipitation.  If you have bookmarked NWS weather radar and can't find it now, it's necessary to go back to the NWS page for your area and start over.
Lately, I've found the WeatherUnderground's "Wundermap" more useful for my purposes.

73 de Norm W1ITT
Jim, W5JO

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2021, 09:11:27 AM »

Weather information is also available at windy.com.  For me it works faster than others.
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2021, 09:22:44 PM »

Internet explorer 11 seems to play flash videos and some old games.
M$ keeps pushing everyone to Edge browser.

update 1-18-2021
The tin-pot tyrant, whatever it is, has found a way to break that too, now. LOL

some old favorites:
flashback.swf
Bin Laden Liquors
Pie Bill Gates (with the hack for replacing his mug with anyone else who needs a pie to the face)
transistorgame.swf - build your own field effect transistor in a fab based on real modeling.
birthdaycat.swf - a brthday card with a.. cat
the 'Litterbox Cat Band' swf series of punk/heavy metal cat band

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
W3SLK

Just another member member.

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2021, 09:45:33 PM »

Edge uses pretty much the same 'engine' as that of Chrome. I've been pretty happy with Firefox. Now they added a 'fence' that prevents FB from tracking you from one site to the other.
Norm, I agree! The only real advantage to the NWS site is that you can get your forecast without suffering through tons of ad banners. Those of us running on ADSL (I'm lucky if I have 1.8Mb download!), it makes a big difference! The resolution of the radar data, even in RAW format is substantially lacking! To move and change your display format is pretty 'kludgy'. One thing that I do like from Weather Bug is the Lightning Tracker! It is damn accurate. I was playing golf when a storm rolled in. I saw lightning hit on the other side of I-80 where I was playing. In seconds, the tracker had the strike called right where it hit. Fortunately for me I made it to the club house unscathed!

Mike(y)/W3SLK
Invisible airwaves crackle with life, bright antenna bristle with the energy. Emotional feedback, on timeless wavelength, bearing a gift beyond lights, almost free.... Spirit of Radio/Rush
W1RKW
Contributing

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2021, 11:02:51 AM »

I use Brave as a browser.  It seems to be the fastest of all the browsers out there and memory usage is the smallest as well which is good for older and slower machines.  Works great for blocking trackers and ad blocking better than some of the more popular browsers IMO.

Bob
W1RKW
Home of GORT. A buddy of mine named the 813 rig GORT.
His fear was when I turned it on for the first time life on earth would come to a stand still.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015