The AM Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:55:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Year 's fun... personal hamfest!  (Read 1485 times)
KC4VWU

« on: January 03, 2021, 02:58:46 PM »

Man, it sure is surprising when you really start digging around  in what you've hoarded over the years! Even though they're not a 75A4 or SX-88, still a lot of fun to be had.

So now, question is, who knows what they are? Probably too simple of a brain teaser.

Phil

* regen1.jpg (89.16 KB, 1080x810 - viewed 327 times.)

* regen2.jpg (123.79 KB, 1080x810 - viewed 330 times.)
KC4VWU

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2021, 08:58:24 AM »

Oooohhkaayyy, guess I was a little vague in the first post, or no one wanted venture a guess? Of course, they're regen sets, but I was trying to coax a guess at the manufacturer. They've been sitting for many years, the one with the line cord attached was obtained at the Charlotte hamfest in the early '90's. I didn't know what it was at the time specifically, just thought it was a homebrew regen. Many years later, found out it was the Meissner 3 tube "curtain burner" AC/DC regenerative receiver kit. Shame, although the line cord is in nice shape, the dropping resistor is DOA, so my homeowners insurance company can rest easy for a little while.

The other similar unit is the Meissner 3 tube battery set, missing a tube and the funky little coil socket and the other was my fist attempt at a homebrew regen. The only coil I have between the pair is for broadcast band.

Several years ago, I found an original copy of the Meissner handbook, and although a little pricey, it's full of schematics for their products and building projects.

Phil
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015