The AM Forum
March 29, 2024, 04:24:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Time to Move  (Read 3544 times)
Jack-KA3ZLR-
« on: May 11, 2005, 06:45:35 AM »

Good Day Everyone,

With the subsequent Shock of Bandwidth issue taking fold, and with seemingly endless suggestions coming in, maybe the time has come for our AMI society to step up and make itself known.

Through out all this onslought I would like to go on Record here and as well what my communications will be to the league and the FCC, that if i "Just want to get the Job Done" in regards to anything related to 3 Khc's limiting i would just pull out the J8 and Get the job Done, this seemingly deluded approach to "Answer All" Problems and or new modes to the service will only Crowd the over crowded areas already...No Brainer There... Cheesy

I think it's time to pull ranks and prepare to act as a collective, Approach this problem as a Collective [Pro or Con] Voice as a Collective...it's coming to my mind that all this individual communications to the league is falling on deaf ears and a time is arrising that the numbers should out way the individual enuendo inacting with protectionist leadering...if you want to call it that...I call something else but that's not important...

I really don't know WHY there is this Constant addressing on carrier wave transmission in regards to anything else...if the thought is to address Digital then address Digital...if we're Pre-empting New Modes then express all interest and and leave the other modes alone...in other words Mind your buisness...

My thoughts...Good Day...
ve6pg

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2005, 08:03:58 AM »

JACK...WHAT IS THE ISSUE HERE,(or there)?..I DONT FOLLOW THIS ARRL STUFF,DUE TO THE FACT THAT IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH US IN CANADA. BUT IT WOULD APPEAR ODD,THAT IF THE AMATEURS IN THE STATES ARE GOING TO BE SUBJECTED TO NEW REGS,RE:BANDWIDTH,THAT IT WOULD BE USELESS,AND HOW WE IN CANADA WOULD BE SUBJECTED TO FOREIGN REGS. IN OTHER WORDS,WE WOULD BE QRMING YOU GUYS,AS WE HAVE DIFFERENT RULES..IT WOULD BE A GOOD TIME FOR SOME OF THESE PEOPLE TO LOOK AT A MAP,AND SEE WE IN CANADA ARE NOT "NORTH OF THE BORDER",BUT RATHER IN SOME CASES EAST,WEST,AND SOUTH OF THE U.S. IF YOU LIVE IN DETROIT,YOU TRAVEL SOUTH TO GET TO CANADA..WINDSOR ONTARIO..THE FACT WE HAVE NO RESTRICTIONS ON THE HF BANDS AS TO FREQUENCY,AND WE CAN USE 1KW ON AM,SEEMS RATHER SHORT-SIGHTED IN THE SCOPE OF THINGS...AGAIN I'M NOT UP TO SPEED ON THESE THINGS,BUT I HOPE WHATEVER YOUR BATTLE IS WITH THESE PEOPLE,YOU GUYS PREVAIL...WHY DONT THEY LEAVE YOU GUYS ALONE,AND PUT THEIR ENERGIES TOWARDS OTHER ISSUES,THAT ARE MORE PRESSING?...TIM...SK..

...Yes, my name is Tim Smith...sk..
Jack-KA3ZLR-
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2005, 07:15:14 PM »

Well Good Evening Tim and thank you for coming in,

First off it's nice to hear from a brother accross the line it's wonderful and different because see there's alot i don't know myself and what the Fallout would cause, or at least part of the fallout from this.

Next it's very frustrating and Humbling to read what alot of the members bring in and the frustrations they are having ya know being a moderator is being all things here and reading all posts and keeping up with everyone trying to stay "in Tune" hi.. and Keep up... :-) So, seeing how this Family Here has grown and the overall Interest is Up and Building is up again with the Class E and the Peanut whistle circuits and everyone is just having a ball getting along Operations are up on the bands and this whole thing has just Grown, and that's a Good Thing...

So, my premise here is to maybe push an Idea, maybe it's time to have an AM Forum a get together East Coast, West Coast...a Real get together and Document it and Video it, and Share with the other forums that Look we had this Happening and We've decided this and that and "With Numbers" there's power in numbers when working together and a Show of Force and Counting and Bring it out in the open man ya know and say hey look we don't or our interest is this and we're not interested in bothering anyone and we feel the same respect is Due in return..and bring back the gentlemenship process...and show these people, Um,, Look you outta pay attention to what your doing here...I dunno it's just an Idea...

A written Vocalism per say...  Cheesy

But i do know one thing that divided and single actions don't always have the impact needed to "Get the Job Done" i seen what Fists did and I support those guys i like CW too, But, this whole thing isn't just about Fists...the Service is it's entirety...The whole acts together in harmony when all is acted on entirely...something to that effect...

But thanks Tim and i'm working on my strategy here like Chess, Time is on our side...

Have a Good day OM... Jack.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015