Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /homepages/11/d132647312/htdocs/Amfone/mkportal/include/SMF/smf_out.php on line 47
Ham Shack Bling

The AM Forum
November 24, 2020, 01:18:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ham Shack Bling  (Read 321 times)
ka1tdq

Massachusetts Democrat

« on: November 20, 2020, 04:42:51 AM »

I was in Las Vegas over the weekend and borrowed this idea from an artist there. The gallery didn't allow picture taking but this guy did fantastic work! His work included clocks, pictures and desks all incorporating gear movement. I can't describe it other than to see it. It's in the Venetian shops. Anyway his trademark was on a frame something like this, only his symbol looked like it was CNC'd out of wood and made to look like metal. I did everything on the cheap with wood burning.

I had a flat surface that I needed to utilize so I came up with this. I know, I know, you might guess that I probably need to get laid or something, but no, twice in one night still yields this.

Jon

* IMG_0020.jpg (2115.77 KB, 4032x3024 - viewed 115 times.)

* IMG_0022.jpg (2841.98 KB, 4032x3024 - viewed 98 times.)

Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2020, 02:51:42 AM »

Perhaps he did some CNC and followed up with a profiled laser beam for the finish. Your art looks great there. I recall the wood burning kit of my youth.

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
ka1tdq

Massachusetts Democrat

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2020, 06:23:35 AM »

Thanks! Me too. It had been so long since Iíd held one that I had to practice on a piece of scrap wood.

Quite frankly, symbols are retarded meaningless do-nothing objects. But occasionally you need to lay one here and there to look pretty.

Please for forgive the awkward wording, but you know what I mean.

In summary, yes I know itís stupid but thanks for the compliment. However, another way to look at it is that, I, the Great Jon Rines, have mastered class E technology, a feat that not many others can claim. Not even many junior proud boys. So therefore I must immortalize myself into a piece of scrap wood with wood burning and 4 bolts that do nothing.

Hey! It's cheaper than building a pyramid!

Jon

Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 01:53:41 AM »

Thanks! Me too. It had been so long since Iíd held one that I had to practice on a piece of scrap wood.

Quite frankly, symbols are retarded meaningless do-nothing objects. But occasionally you need to lay one here and there to look pretty.

Please for forgive the awkward wording, but you know what I mean.

In summary, yes I know itís stupid but thanks for the compliment. However, another way to look at it is that, I, the Great Jon Rines, have mastered class E technology, a feat that not many others can claim. Not even many junior proud boys. So therefore I must immortalize myself into a piece of scrap wood with wood burning and 4 bolts that do nothing.

Hey! It's cheaper than building a pyramid!

Jon

Well then you should sign and number just a few of them with that proclamation printed on parchment lacquered onto the backside.
I mean, leave something for others to wonder about in the future.
There is a 2014 Centennial hardcover ARRL handbook with "The Bunker of DOOM" embossed on it in gold letters. It's very silly but it is there nonetheless.
Life's too short to worry about what every last thing means.

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
ka1tdq

Massachusetts Democrat

« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 10:13:12 AM »

Iím in perfect agreement. Nothing means anything. Live and screw (fuck).

Jon

Now, back to class E!

Detroit47

N8QPC on your AM dial

« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 11:49:47 AM »

Some of my artwork that is functional. It is really handy at times I tend to forget what I don't use everyday.

John N8QPC

* 20201123_114557.jpg (2798.32 KB, 4032x2268 - viewed 19 times.)

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  Benjamin Franklin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015