The AM Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:02:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: behringer 9024 help  (Read 2946 times)
KC2FXE

« on: November 14, 2020, 05:44:13 PM »

hello all
 I'm in need of some help with my 9024 , it stop working the leds just blink when you power it up.

thanks for any help.

John kc2fxe Huh

John L.Ahrens Sr.
K1JJ
Contributing

"Let's go kayaking, Tommy!" - Yaz

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2020, 07:23:26 PM »

Hi John,

I have one here too.

Dave the ApeMan told me when this happens, you need to go in and replace the electrolytic capacitors.  I'm not sure which ones he meant, but contact him about it for more details.

T

Use an "AM Courtesy Filter" to limit transmit audio bandwidth  +-4.5 KHz, +-6.0 KHz or +-8.0 KHz when needed.  Easily done in DSP.

Wise Words : "I'm as old as I've ever been... and I'm as young as I'll ever be."

There's nothing like an old dog.
KA3EKH

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2020, 08:18:31 PM »

It’s a Bheringer, from what I have seen of most of there equipment it’s not designed to be repaired, when it stops working you toss it and buy another! Looking at difficulty of getting the board out and access to both sides for replacement it’s a big job, got to remove a ton of knobs and nuts and screws and at the end of the day it’s still a Bheringer. Have trashed a lot of there stuff because one its cheap, two once things like the pots and connectors start to go finding replacements can be an issue and three replacements from Behringer are often so cheap why bother?
M0VRF

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2020, 03:02:49 AM »

A common problem on electronic equipment, even good (expensive!) stuff. I had a similar problem with a TC Electronics unit.

Easy to spot and usually in the SMPSU.

Just either replace all the electrolytics or find the ones with bulging tops or leaking bottoms!

No need to stick it I the trash, easy repair.
W2PFY
Contributing

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2020, 12:35:26 PM »

See below. I wuz having a problem with the post quoting Johns stuff and including mine?

The secrecy of my job prevents me from knowing what I am doing.
W2PFY
Contributing

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2020, 12:36:51 PM »

hello all
 I'm in need of some help with my 9024 , it stop working the leds just blink when you power it up.
Thanks for any help.
John kc2fxe [/b]

Check your power transformer to see if it's making power. If it is not, the transformer may be open.
It has two 120 volt windings. The transformer's are wound too tight and the wires break internally.

If this is the case, just hook up to the other 120 winding and your good to go. This may have nothing to do with your case John, but others should be informed about this fix.

The secrecy of my job prevents me from knowing what I am doing.
W2JBL

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2020, 08:20:43 PM »

John

I have a 9024 that I'm never going to use. I just pulled it from stock and it powered up Ok, but may need a lithium battery (CR-2031 etc.) for the memory. Lasted about 30 seconds on my station when I got it. I monitor my audio with headphones and the latency causes me brain damage and I can't talk. Please come get (for a racer's favorite price) if you like. Use my QRZ email, I don't get on this site much.

Chris
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2020, 03:54:08 AM »

finding bad caps, with unit powered, check the mV of noise on each one.. too much noise from switchers or whatever, can mess up computerized operation well before it affects analog audio signals.

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015