The AM Forum
March 29, 2024, 09:04:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WA2CYT Heard on 75 AM Today!  (Read 4521 times)
Tom WA3KLR
Contributing

« on: November 12, 2020, 01:19:51 PM »

I heard Dirk WA2CYT (Crappy, Yellowy & Tinny) on 75 meters AM today in QSO with Steve WA1QIX and Warren W1LO I think it was.  I haven't heard Dirk in years and he wasn't as strong as he used to be, but readable.

73 de Tom WA3KLR  AMI # 77   Amplitude Modulation - a force Now and for the Future!
ka8gef
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2020, 08:26:22 PM »

I always wondered what happened to him...thinking that band conditions or the worst- his health- may be the reason. Great to hear that he is still around....ka8gef
WBear2GCR

Brrrr- it's cold in the shack! Fire up the BIG RIG

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2020, 05:35:20 PM »

Not sure what is up with his "big rig" but afaik Dirk has been busy with other things...
Spoke to him twice, yesterday and today... helped him to get his phase correct! Cheesy

_-_- bear WB2GCR                   http://www.bearlabs.com
W2PFY
Contributing

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2020, 09:41:13 PM »

About what time is Dirk on the air? W1LYD & me being a shut in, want to tune him in and whomever he may be yakking wit!

Many HUGE tnx's om's...........

de B w2 pies for you

The secrecy of my job prevents me from knowing what I am doing.
W3SLK

Just another member member.

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2020, 08:51:58 AM »

Hey Terry! How have you been these days, (years)Huh!!!

Mike(y)/W3SLK
Invisible airwaves crackle with life, bright antenna bristle with the energy. Emotional feedback, on timeless wavelength, bearing a gift beyond lights, almost free.... Spirit of Radio/Rush
w1vtp

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2020, 05:47:31 PM »

I had given up on Dirk.  I'm glad to see he is at least still alive.  I didn't hear him but if his signal is down, maybe he needs an antenna raising party

Al
W2PFY
Contributing

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2020, 02:44:50 PM »

Hello Mike (SLK) glad to see that you're still fighting the good fight. Remember if the women don't find you handsome, they might find you handy! How's the Hose Nose 500 doing:)  

VTP AL..Yes, many people wonder about Dirk. Another long time friend has been trying to reach him by fone but Dirk won't answer? Maybe he has himself a hot new babe up there? He is about three hours from my camp so a trip may be in order but with a possible "hot new babe" in the picture, he may not want a visitor? I think Dirk operates in ten year cycles where we hear him and then we don't. I heard him once about a year ago.

I thought Bear would have answered the question about the time of day when he spoke to Dirk? Knowing Bear as a person who documents all things Dirk, that he would have answered that question by now but alas, I'm juts a general class licensee, perhaps there is a class distinction thing going on here? Please Bear, talk to me Grin Grin Grin  

steve_qix
Contributing

Bap!

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2020, 07:52:22 PM »

Had a nice conversation with Dirk today (11/20/2020).  K1ZS was in there also....

Good band conditions in the middle of the day.

High Power, Broadcast Audio and Low Cost?  Check out the class E web site at: http://www.classeradio.org
W2PFY
Contributing

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2020, 10:46:41 PM »

Thanks Steve, I'll pass this along to W1LYD who has been asking about him nearly every time I speak with him on Skype.

KF1Z

Are FETs supposed to glow like that?

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2020, 12:16:30 PM »

Glad to know Dirk is still around

Been wondering lately, since I've been away for , what,  7 years ?

:-)

This will hopefully soon change , now that I'm down here in 4 land, where I just might
be able to hear the old gang again....

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015