The AM Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:45:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TinySA spectrum Analyzer arrived  (Read 1924 times)
W1ITT

« on: October 01, 2020, 04:06:53 PM »

The TinySA spectrum analyzer arrived today from R & L Electronics in Ohio, much faster than buying via AliExpress from China would have been.  I opened the box, screwed the little whip antenna to the lower range input and found FM stations and the local TV station on Channel 8 that sits about a half mile behind the house, my back neighbor.
No instructions are included but it's pretty intuitive.  After switching it on, push down on the round switch and you get a menu down the right side of the screen.  A couple spurs show up, and there's a spur reduction setting that helps.  I'm planning on building a broadband terminated loop, and maybe a preamp as that sort of loop has terribly low output, and driving around the neighborhood with the loop mounted in the truck's stake holder, looking for nasty RF noise.  It's not lab quality, but plenty good for general ham use.  There's software out there that will talk to your PC if the 2.8" screen is tiresome, but the resolution is sharp if your bifocals are in the right place.    For $50 plus shipping, I'm happy with it.  When the NanoVNA came out I stated that if "they" would make a spectrum analyzer under a hundred dollars I'd go for it, and now we have one for half that. This is a good time to be a radio amateur.  Along with the NanoVNA, it makes one a formidable RF monster.
73 de Norm  W1ITT
KA8WTK
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2020, 05:56:27 PM »

Mine should be here from R&L on Monday. Can't wait to try it out.

Bill KA8WTK

Bill KA8WTK
KC4VWU

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2020, 03:41:06 PM »

Ditto. Just couldn't resist the temptation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015