The AM Forum
April 18, 2024, 02:21:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Telonic RF switch, TS-200 6PST coaxial  (Read 3296 times)
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« on: August 29, 2020, 07:33:16 PM »

Has anyone the specifications for the Telonic TS-200 coaxial switch? Three or 4 showed up.
The full model number is TS-200CX4, which means it has TNC conectors and is a 6PST rotary.

This is exceptionally smooth, like a Daven pad and seems to be of the best quality.
I found a couple of ads for Telonic rotary attenuators of similar physical size and those are rated 1-2 Watts input, but there's nothing on the switches, whether they are 1, 2, or 10 watts. I presume they are 50 ohms.

In a 1963 ad, the switches are mentioned without specifications, and it's said they have silver plated contacts.

* telonic rotary switch ad.png (237.77 KB, 1123x270 - viewed 457 times.)

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
WBear2GCR

Brrrr- it's cold in the shack! Fire up the BIG RIG

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2020, 12:53:31 PM »

Screws, remove, open, look?

Spacing and contact size will determine power handling, that and contact
material. Not for "hot switching" though.

You might find catalog material online, especially Archive.org?

_-_- bear WB2GCR                   http://www.bearlabs.com
WBear2GCR

Brrrr- it's cold in the shack! Fire up the BIG RIG

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2020, 01:02:28 PM »

"Claire Wainwright

Claire R. Wainwright, 81, died Friday, April 13, 2007, in Southern Germany.

He was raised on a farm in the Hillsdale area, attended Hillsdale High School and Augustana College. After four years in the U.S. Navy, he moved to Beech Grove, Ind., and as an electronic designer and inventor, founded Telonic Industries. Later, the company relocated in Laguna Beach, Calif., becoming Telonic Berkeley. In 1972, he moved to a small town outside Munich, Germany, and founded Wainwright Instruments, which presently sells and manufactures custom designed electronic filters to companies all over the world.

He is survived by his wife, Christel; sons, Larry and Terry; daughters, Wendy and Sonya; brothers, Robert and Glenn; sisters, Arlie and Sylvia; as well as six grandchildren. He was preceded in death by his parents, Laverne and Georgia Wainwright; and a sister, Gloria."

_-_- bear WB2GCR                   http://www.bearlabs.com
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2022, 10:38:02 PM »

Update (warning continue old topic)

So I finally got back to this and opened one from the front, came apart nicely, though I did not get to see the contacts. They are under a thick-ish 'wheel' held against the rear part of the innards by a spring. The slight detent is in the front. There was much grease of a sort no doubt why they move so smoothly. I didn't want to take it apart farther.

The uses are up to the imagination. too many to list -TLDR stuff.

kp4md

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2023, 02:12:30 AM »

I have a Telonic TS-200A switch with BNC connectors and found the specs in this 1964 issue of Electronic Industries https://worldradiohistory.com/Archive-Tele-Tech/60s/Electronic-Industries-1965-05.pdf

The Telonic TS-200 Single Pole 6 Position Rotary Coaxial Switch. (1964 vintage)
Manufacturer's specifications: Impedance 50 ohms, Input power 100 watts, Insertion loss less than 0.1 dB at 1000 MHz, VSWR less than 1.1 to 1 to 100 MHz, cross talk rejection over 70 dB at 1000 MHz.

Those are excellent specs for 60's manufacture and they must have been very expensive at the time.

73, Carol KP4MD

* TelonicTS-200A.png (711.16 KB, 979x1343 - viewed 150 times.)
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2023, 01:13:06 AM »

Thank you MOST kindly for this sheet! I've only used them for receiver-antenna switching because I wasn't sure what they would do. They've been perfect despite the age with none of the scratchiness that for example older wafer switches develop.

It's great to know the power and frequency ratings for many more uses. These things are very solid and have some weight to them. Not a cheaply made part at all.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015