The AM Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:04:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EV Raven microphone  (Read 4262 times)
John K5PRO

« on: May 03, 2005, 01:16:38 PM »

At the ElectroVoice booth at the NAB in Vegas 2 weeks ago, I saw this neat microphone which they are marketing. They make a higher cost condenser version which has wood grain on it. I think this mike was under $100, and would look absolutely stunning in front of a BA.

http://www.electrovoice.com/Electrovoice3/products.nsf/pages/Raven

I recently found a never used Turner 999 broadcast dynamic, from the 1950s, which looks like the mike that Alan Alda used during hearings in the film Aviator, as the character of crooked senator (oxymoron). Bought a little Atlas shortie stand from local music store, right up there with D104 in the aesthetics department.
W1GFH
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2005, 03:21:31 PM »

I like the EV "Blue Raven", but I notice the photo is a CAD drawing and not the real thing. Where's the cable connection point? In the back? On the stand thread? Anyway, I bet you'll see more retro designs as the "PT Cruiser" philosophy takes hold in the pro audio field.  

HUZ might be interested in what else EV showed at NAB...Wink

Steve - WB3HUZ
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2005, 04:46:44 PM »

I like everything EV makes. Some things I like twice.

BTW, I've seen the Raven mic (and I think one other new one from EV) advertized in some industry rag lately, so I think it's real.

Quote from: W1GFH
I like the EV "Blue Raven", but I notice the photo is a CAD drawing and not the real thing. Where's the cable connection point? In the back? On the stand thread? Anyway, I bet you'll see more retro designs as the "PT Cruiser" philosophy takes hold in the pro audio field.  

HUZ might be interested in what else EV showed at NAB...Wink

Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2005, 10:48:20 AM »

Looks like a cross between the Astatic T-3 and the D-104 goodbuddy Night Eagle or whatever it was called. Maybe they're trying to capture that part of the market? Always liked the looks of the T-3, looks like a chrome egg.

Very buzzardly looking, I suspect you're right about it looking right at home, John.

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
Glenn K2KL
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2005, 02:59:00 PM »

Is there a harmonica included with that mike??  :lol:

Quote from: John K5PRO
At the ElectroVoice booth at the NAB in Vegas 2 weeks ago, I saw this neat microphone which they are marketing. They make a higher cost condenser version which has wood grain on it. I think this mike was under $100, and would look absolutely stunning in front of a BA.

http://www.electrovoice.com/Electrovoice3/products.nsf/pages/Raven

I recently found a never used Turner 999 broadcast dynamic, from the 1950s, which looks like the mike that Alan Alda used during hearings in the film Aviator, as the character of crooked senator (oxymoron). Bought a little Atlas shortie stand from local music store, right up there with D104 in the aesthetics department.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015