The AM Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:19:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Interesting pieces from SK estate  (Read 2221 times)
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« on: June 17, 2020, 10:47:19 PM »

These were among the last things pulled out from the estate junkpile. Stuff they wanted to scrap, believing it to be worth big dollars. In reality, it would go across the scales in one lot for 2 cents a pound.

"continuous rotating potentiometers" I guess may have been for a servo unit or something. Anyone know what these are useful for?
typical unit is about 2.5" diameter, 1" thick, 1/4" shaft.
ELECTRO-MEC
TYPE D62 30cz-G1
160 deg CCW-TER  1=78.97%V (huh?)
terminals 1-2 250K->0
terminals 2-3 0-250K

other one 25K same action.
Fairchild Controls DIV
8K1648
739942-03

and a few more of them.

-------------------------

DAVEN attenuators
look like 'pads' with "IN", "C", and "OUT" terminals. Have detents corresponding to large sets of contacts. These may be the good stuff.
WE-137-3 -nearly 360 deg from 0 to max
WE-138-3 -about 60 degrees from 0 to max

-------------------------

Apparently a RTTY transmitter and receiver, intended as a test generator and test receiver. Each has a CRT with a scale around the edge, whereas a teletype need only 0 and 90 degrees marks. The first thing I thought was that it might be a constellation display. I don't know what they really are in modern parlance. TDMS though, in the 1960s. Should have images later.
RADIATION INCORPORATED TDMS-5EB-R.1 TRANSMITTER
RADIATION INCORPORATED TDMS-6EB-R.2B RECEIVER

They are fascinating anyway.
items shown @ 4:07 on right hand side of girl - center and left units have same graticule on CRTs. Rack says "TELEGRAPH MONITOR"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nziMcOv26A&feature=youtu.be

---------------------------

JERROLD CM-6C MARKER GENERATOR
several switches presumably for crystals. 2-100MHz.

http://theoldcatvequipmentmuseum.org/180/182/index.html#JerroldCrystalControlledMarkerGeneratormodelCM-6H--1.JPG

----------------------------

LTV G-166H RECEIVER
"spook receiver" 250-1000Mhz AM and FM - two tuners and one I.F. seems rare enough. The guy was in charge os a lot of repeaters and transmitters and links, so that explains also the Nems-Clarke stuff found earlier.

----------------------------

a couple hundred pounds of transformers and chokes. LOL need to go through them.

---------------------------

Radio Candelstein - Flagship Station of the NRK Radio Network.
W7TFO
WTF-OVER in 7 land Dennis
Contributing

IN A TRIODE NO ONE CAN HEAR YOUR SCREEN

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2020, 11:20:01 PM »

Those pots work pretty well for position indicators on antenna rotors.

73DG

Just pacing the Farady cage...
K8DI
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2020, 06:18:37 AM »

The Daven attenuators are broadcast audio console parts, typically 600 ohm in and out, stepped in 1 or 0.5 dB increments. Super reliable, last forever, never noisy.  Really expensive even back in the day. Haven’t seen a new rotary pot console in 3-4 decades. Have recently seen a rotary pot console using Daven attenuators that are known to be 35 years old and is still on the air, 24/7

Ed

Ed, K8DI, warming the air with RF, and working on lighting the shack with thoriated tungsten and mercury vapor...
Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2020, 08:28:25 AM »

Those pots work pretty well for position indicators on antenna rotors.

73DG

Do you know if they are direction sensitive? Just that it says "160 deg CCW-TER  1=78.97%V" in the label. I think no, because they don't feel any different turning either way. There's only the slightest feel of a 'transition' crossing the 'line' either way.

This may be what I need since someone is giving me an old TV rotor and the control box has a dial but no moving pointer. I want to put something like a RF PRO 1B above the roof of the house for SWL.

So much e-noise in the house.. every bit of 4MHz CPU burglar alarm wiring, many video cameras, and computers.. trash up the place pretty bad.

Opcom
Patrick J. / KD5OEI
Contributing

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2020, 08:29:29 AM »

If that's what those davens are, I should test and reserve them for the analog audio processor.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015