The AM Forum
April 24, 2024, 09:40:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another good book  (Read 1294 times)
W1ITT

« on: June 13, 2020, 03:18:40 PM »

Aside from playing with radios, I have always enjoyed reading techy stuff, history, biography, etc.  One of my favorite sources is Hamilton Books, which sells new books cheap, as well as DVDs, CDs etc.  Recently I found that they have the 23rd edition of the ARRL Antenna Book for $9.95, plus shipping for 4 bucks for any order, no matter how many.  Newington has come out with a newer edition, but this is still a pretty good deal, and it includes the book and software CD in the back cover.  As mentioned previously, I rely on my more scholarly antenna books, but the League's book still has some stuff that you won't easily find elsewhere regarding actual practice.  I think my last copy of the Antenna Book is from the 70s and, while physics doesn't change, some of the new ways of doing things are worth considering.  And Hamilton always has a few good history books for when the band goes dead or the QRN gets to be more than you want to tolerate.
https://www.hamiltonbook.com/the-arrl-antenna-book-for-radio-communications-23rd-edition-paperbound

73 de Norm W1ITT
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015