The AM Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:51:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Heathkit HR-10B mods for AM and SB  (Read 4052 times)
WA7DUY

« on: May 30, 2020, 02:03:04 AM »

Is the HR10B still used as a main receiver or have the mostly been relegated to old timer's basement shelves in favor of more modern solid state receivers?
Carl WA1KPD
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2020, 03:34:46 PM »

Is the HR10B still used as a main receiver or have the mostly been relegated to old timer's basement shelves in favor of more modern solid state receivers?
Where did the original post go? I wanted to copy some of the ideas?

Carl

"Okay, gang are you ready to play radio? Are you ready to shuffle off the mortal coil of mediocrity? I am if you are." Shepherd
N3GTE

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2020, 05:33:04 PM »

Maybe something like this: http://k6jca.blogspot.com/2010/11/improving-heathkit-hr-10b-receiver.html

Terry N3GTE
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2020, 05:46:23 PM »

The original post is still where it's been since July 2009. Where have you been  Huh
We have an AMfone ONLINE AM HANDBOOK and one of the topics under AMfone ONLINE AM HANDBOOK is RECEIVERS:
http://amfone.net/Amforum/index.php?topic=20298.0

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
Carl WA1KPD
Contributing

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2020, 05:54:32 PM »

Thank you Terry. I had that information, but I appreciate the help!

Carl

"Okay, gang are you ready to play radio? Are you ready to shuffle off the mortal coil of mediocrity? I am if you are." Shepherd
Carl WA1KPD
Contributing

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2020, 06:05:57 PM »

The original post is still where it's been since July 2009. Where have you been  Huh
We have an AMfone ONLINE AM HANDBOOK and one of the topics under AMfone ONLINE AM HANDBOOK is RECEIVERS:
http://amfone.net/Amforum/index.php?topic=20298.0

Well, to answer your question I've been a member since 2003, and a "contributing member" since that began.
However, I have not owned an HR-10 until recently. I saw the original post early this AM and when I went to copy the info the post that triggered it was moved and "orphaned" from the OP

Sadly I do not have instant recall of every article ever written and use of the "search" function did not seemingly return the article.

I was not aware of the super-secret lair and I appreciate you pointing me in that direction.
Best 73

Carl

Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2020, 08:42:00 PM »

Well, to answer your question I've been a member since 2003, and a "contributing member" since that began.
However, I have not owned an HR-10 until recently. I saw the original post early this AM and when I went to copy the info the post that triggered it was moved and "orphaned" from the OP

Sadly I do not have instant recall of every article ever written and use of the "search" function did not seemingly return the article.

I was not aware of the super-secret lair and I appreciate you pointing me in that direction.
Best 73
Smiley
It's really not a super secret lair. It's been here since 2005. Here is Gary, W2INR's, initial post on the Online Handbook back in June 04, 2005:
http://amfone.net/Amforum/index.php?topic=4785.0
The Online Handbook is a great place to archive useful material without a lot of jibber-jabber posts in between.

Also the Search function is very specific. If you put in the field "HR-10", it finds nothing; if you put in "HR-10B" a bunch of previous HR-10B posts come up including the one you were referring to.

Also, on very old threads that haven't seen any recent action, the management has posted the following flag:

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 60 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Now the new topic can have a link to the old dormant topic if the poster feels it's worthwhile, has some info that helps with the new post, etc. Old dormant threads generally have posts from people that are no longer here or have passed and there is no easy way to solicit a response from them if need be.

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
WU2D
Contributing

CW is just a narrower version of AM

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2020, 10:43:34 PM »

I did a couple of videos on the receiver. Hope this helps.  Mike WU2D

Some basics in Part 1 and tips in Part 2   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozY7LKUQa1E&t=267s

These are the good old days of AM
Carl WA1KPD
Contributing

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2020, 08:11:27 PM »

Thanks Mike

Carl

Steve - K4HX
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2020, 11:21:44 AM »

I would not recommend using the search text box at the top of the forum. It doesn't seem to give good returns. Instead, click on the little magnifying glass icon to the left of the box. This will take you to the advanced search function, which give you more control of the search and seems to produce better returns.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015