The AM Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:28:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WANTED: ~90-150w watt class hi-fi modulation transformer  (Read 1479 times)
K1JJ
Contributing

"Let's go kayaking, Tommy!" - Yaz

« on: May 17, 2020, 04:55:18 PM »

I am in the planning stage of possibly a pair of 4D32s plate modulated by a pair of triode connected 4D32s. Something in the 600V to 700V plate voltage, 150 watt carrier area.    I want to know if there is any mod iron available that will help me zero in on my choice of tubes and power level.  I have seen some nice multi-match 125 watt transformers out there in the past.  I am open to suggestions. I prefer 50 Hz to 8 Khz iron or better. Ability to handle current without a reactor is a plus. We are talking about 400 mA at 600 volts on the plate.  About 20-30 pounds-ish I wud guess.   2:1 step down ratio a plus.

I am also looking at the Antek line of toroidal transformers for tube to tube modulation.  

Do you have any iron to put to good use?

Tom, K1JJ

Please contact me via PM on this BB.

Use an "AM Courtesy Filter" to limit transmit audio bandwidth  +-4.5 KHz, +-6.0 KHz or +-8.0 KHz when needed.  Easily done in DSP.

Wise Words : "I'm as old as I've ever been... and I'm as young as I'll ever be."

There's nothing like an old dog.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015