The AM Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:54:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VE Day 75th Anniversary AM Military Radio Net Ops  (Read 1413 times)
AJ1G
Contributing

« on: May 07, 2020, 05:53:40 PM »

The UK Vintage Military Amateur Radio Society will be running a special 75th Anniversary of VE (Victory in Europe) Day net commencing at 0500Z Friday morning (tomorrow) May 8th. That’s 0100 EDT, pretty early!  They will be listening both direct on their daily net frequency of 3615 kHz and on that frequency and 3885 Hz both direct and on stateside Web SDRs for calls from the Military Radio Net gang over here and will periodically stand by for calls from us.  I’ll try to act as NCS on this side, mainly on 3885.  It’s not likely we can work them direct but their Hack Green web SDR should receive them well, hopefully the band won’t be so long here that we won’t be hitting any SDRs of our own on this side so they can hear us.  The NA5B SDR in the DC area heard me fairly well around 0500Z this morning.  I’ll try to keep the activity going until around 1100Z/0700EDT, the normal OMRN Saturday wrap up time.  Fire up those dynamotor s, ART-13s, and BC-610s and join in!

Again, this operation will commence on Friday morning at 0500Z about  7 hours from me posting this at 1800 EDT Thursday 7 May. Just found out about the VMARS Net late yesterday.

Heads up on copying Hack Green SDR on 3615 - there may be a strong broadband digital signal on the lower sideband side of 3615.  You can get good AM copy using the SDR passband tuning feature to just receive the carrier and upper sideband quite well without the digital interference.

Chris, AJ1G
Stonington, CT
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015