The AM Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:30:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Amazing Honda Ad Recalls Rube Goldberg  (Read 3281 times)
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« on: May 01, 2005, 11:58:15 AM »

This is one of the most amazing ads I've ever seen, truly a thing of beauty. Fully two minutes long, it's a Honda commercial called "Cog," the most elaborate Rube Goldberg device you've ever seen set to film, all made entirely of car parts. It required 606 film takes to get right. It's so perfectly filmed, you can't imagine it, you've just got to see it.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/flash/honda-ad.html

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
W8KHZ

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2005, 03:10:52 PM »

Very cool ad but I thought it was a bit odd that they had the tires rolling uphill... fun to watch anyway...

Currently running a big homebrew transmitter (pair of 250THs modulated by a pair of 810s) paired up with a National HRO-50.  I also run a BC-610-I / NC-2-40D combo which is a lot of fun too.

Catch you on 75M AM!
K1JJ
Contributing

"Let's go kayaking, Tommy!" - Yaz

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2005, 04:30:57 PM »

Quote from: W8KHZ
Very cool ad but I thought it was a bit odd that they had the tires rolling uphill... fun to watch anyway...

Yep, a very nice display of perfect planning.

As for the tires rolling uphill, if ya look closely you will see that they appear to roll weighed/biased - with probably some weights hidden on the other side at the top that causes the tire to roll forward for 1/2 turn. They get a push to start the roll forward.

It always amazes me how much $$ they spend on car commercials. And all the waste.  As a rule, as soon as I realize it's a car commercial on TV, I switch to another channel as a personal protest.  :lol:  

However, this one was clever without the usual hype - hope they air it.

T

Use an "AM Courtesy Filter" to limit transmit audio bandwidth  +-4.5 KHz, +-6.0 KHz or +-8.0 KHz when needed.  Easily done in DSP.

Wise Words : "I'm as old as I've ever been... and I'm as young as I'll ever be."

There's nothing like an old dog.
wa2zdy
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2005, 10:25:36 PM »

Yep, that's a good one.  One cannot take one's eyes off of it so it is effective.  I had to sit and watch in wonder just to see what would happen next.

8KHZ - funny you're from Traverse City.  I found out not too long ago that's where my great grandparents were raised and lived until moving to Chicago about 1900.   Small world.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015