The AM Forum
March 29, 2024, 10:15:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WA1QIX Web SDR Dark?  (Read 10902 times)
AJ1G
Contributing

« on: April 17, 2020, 02:56:22 PM »

Haven't been able to connect today...is this the end?

Chris, AJ1G
Stonington, CT
KD6VXI
Contributing

Making AM GREAT Again!

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2020, 03:22:59 PM »

Haven't been able to connect today...is this the end?

He posted a bunch (basement) of stuff for the pickings, as he was / is moving.

Maybe it will come back up after the migration???

--Shane
KD6VXI
n1ps
Contributing

websdr http://sebagolakesdr.us:8901/

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2020, 07:35:20 PM »

Yes he is moving the ham shack.
steve_qix
Contributing

Bap!

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2020, 12:18:46 PM »

Yes, I will be putting the WebSDR back up when I have the station reassembled.  Right now, I am completely off the air and all equipment has been dismantled and is being moved.

Might be able to get something on the air from the Mirror Lake QTH later today (Saturday 4/18), but we'll see.

High Power, Broadcast Audio and Low Cost?  Check out the class E web site at: http://www.classeradio.org
AJ1G
Contributing

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2020, 04:35:50 PM »

Thanks for the update Steve.  Thanks for allowing us to have access to one of, if not the best of, the best Web SDRs in the Northeast!  All the best to you and Sherrie in your move up to Mirror Lake.

Chris, AJ1G
Stonington, CT
WA2SQQ
Contributing

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2020, 02:14:06 PM »

Steve's receiver is back on line. So much appreciated - Thanks Steve!
steve_qix
Contributing

Bap!

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2020, 11:11:16 AM »

Yes, the websdr is back !

High Power, Broadcast Audio and Low Cost?  Check out the class E web site at: http://www.classeradio.org
WA2SQQ
Contributing

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2020, 12:56:32 PM »

It’s down again ... :-(
steve_qix
Contributing

Bap!

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2020, 11:40:55 AM »

It’s down again ... :-(

Hmm.. no outages yesterday (when you reported you could not reach the SDR site)........or today.  All is well.

Are you still having trouble?

Could have been a short lived network anomaly...

W2PFY
Contributing

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2020, 09:13:12 PM »

I am back home from my camp/ham shack and the link I have to Steve's SDR is working. It was not earlier in the day but it could have been on this end?
tnx Terry

The secrecy of my job prevents me from knowing what I am doing.
WA1QHQ

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2020, 11:12:49 AM »

Currently down, but we had a lot of rain last night so who knows.
WA2SQQ
Contributing

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2020, 08:50:45 AM »

Still down ...
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2020, 12:49:26 PM »

I have one of those things that has a bunch of knobs and it's called a receiver so I use that to hear things. Seems to work well and I don't have to rely on someone's else's equipment, the Internet, etc. Grin

Pete, WA2CWA - "A Cluttered Desk is a Sign of Genius"
W3RSW
Contributing

Rick & "Roosevelt"

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2020, 02:01:15 PM »

Pete, Along that line I think many use remote SDR to hear their own signals and audio prowess via propagation testing and stuff.  (Just kidding. )  - - really only way to hear a lonely voice in the wilderness. Wink

Remember when we used to have to log every call, even unanswered CQ’s ?
Now that defined lonely to many when we were JN’s.

I often use WebSDR to listen to those pesky Europeans.  I love English and Scots accents and phrases.  Even the same words and sentences have such different cadence and emphasis.  

And another blast from the soon to be past is listening true LW BC signals in Europe before they’re Gone.  Hard for us to imagine those days of mandatory licensed receivers and only four or five,  even the MW stations on air in England.   They all were so close to each other across the channel or around the Alps, etc., that many listeners could copy with some fluency in several languages.

RICK  *W3RSW*
Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2020, 05:24:46 PM »

Pete, Along that line I think many use remote SDR to hear their own signals and audio prowess via propagation testing and stuff.  (Just kidding. )  - - really only way to hear a lonely voice in the wilderness. Wink

Besides all the webSDR remote receivers, there's the KiwiSDR remote receivers. On the KiwiSDR's, last I looked there were 475 active receivers around the world. For starters, two in MA, two in VT, one in CT, two in NH, one in Maine, and seven in NY. So the New England states are not lacking for remote receivers.

The biggest problem I've always had with the QIX and FEF remote receivers is when I happen to be listening and they transmit, their SDR receiver goes dead other then for their own signal. When they stop transmitting, everything gets good again.

N1NTE
Contributing

« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2020, 06:23:19 AM »

My KiwiSDR has more capacity now that I've added an additional receiver. Once the first receiver fills up it automatically sends the next listener to the second one.

Except for some recent thunderstorms that required temporary antenna grounding and a 4 hr power outage the other day, it is usually available for use. I can usually hear the same stations as QIX's receiver at about the same signal strength.

I have a better receiver multicoupler coming in soon to improve signals below 2MHz. The CATV splitters currently in use attenuate those freqs a bit much.

http://sigmasdr.ddns.net:8073/
KD1SH

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2020, 07:21:23 AM »

Thanks, I use your Web SDR quite often.  It's a good one, and it's much appreciated.

My KiwiSDR has more capacity now that I've added an additional receiver. Once the first receiver fills up it automatically sends the next listener to the second one.

Except for some recent thunderstorms that required temporary antenna grounding and a 4 hr power outage the other day, it is usually available for use. I can usually hear the same stations as QIX's receiver at about the same signal strength.

I have a better receiver multicoupler coming in soon to improve signals below 2MHz. The CATV splitters currently in use attenuate at those freqs a bit much.

"Gosh, Batman, I never knew there were no punctuation marks in alphabet soup!"
—Robin, in the 1960's Batman TV series.
WA2SQQ
Contributing

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2020, 10:58:24 AM »

So it looks like Steve discovered the problem. Just tried connecting and the message says the Rx will be down for the foreseeable future. It was damaged by a recent lightning storm. Good thing Steve moved - it might have taken out his whole station!
W2PFY
Contributing

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2020, 12:57:28 PM »

foreseeable

This has nothing to do with Steve's receiver but I ask, how foreseeable is foreseeable?

Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2020, 01:49:15 PM »

foreseeable

This has nothing to do with Steve's receiver but I ask, how foreseeable is foreseeable?

From various dictionaries: Foreseeable future means "lying within the range for which forecasts are possible." Or as Cambridge Dictionaries calls it "as far into the future as you can imagine or plan for."

Could be tomorrow, next week, next month, next year, etc. Depends on your planning skills and/or priorities.

While his is useful, there are others to take up the slack.

W2PFY
Contributing

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2020, 04:37:31 PM »

Again this has nothing to do with Steve's receiver but rather me and my lackadaisical way of life and sadly when I think about the foreseeable future, that I may get something done, it usually means never Cry Cry Cry  I need  a swift kick in the butt but i can no longer kick my own butt Huh Huh

Pete, WA2CWA

CQ CQ CONTEST

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2020, 05:01:34 PM »

Again this has nothing to do with Steve's receiver but rather me and my lackadaisical way of life and sadly when I think about the foreseeable future, that I may get something done, it usually means never Cry Cry Cry  I need  a swift kick in the butt but i can no longer kick my own butt Huh Huh

How To Do Butt Kicks

Or, you can just build one of these:

W2PFY
Contributing

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2020, 01:02:32 PM »

That's what I like about you Pete, you never seem to run out of resources Grin Grin

N1NTE
Contributing

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2020, 11:39:08 AM »

SNIP

I have a better receiver multicoupler coming in soon to improve signals below 2MHz. The CATV splitters currently in use attenuate those freqs a bit much.

The new multicoupler has been installed. Feedback appreciated especially for freqs below 2 MHz but any overall comments welcomed.

I now have 5 receiver ports instead of 2 so I can run my Afedri SDR as well as an analog receiver or two all off the same antenna.

- Rob
W2PFY
Contributing

« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2020, 03:16:24 PM »

I am somewhat out of the loop. Is there any word on Steve's SDR? Is it back? I no longer have the link to the old site.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015