The AM Forum
March 29, 2024, 05:46:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Boxboro is moving!  (Read 1452 times)
KD1SH

« on: January 29, 2020, 08:59:17 PM »

Fellow New Englanders who've attended the Boxboro hamfest in the past - heads up - it's moving, both location and date.  It's now at the Royal Plaza Hotel & Trade Center, in Marlborough, on July 24th, 25th, and 26th.  Not a huge move, geographically - a bit of a shorter drive for me, really - but the new date moves it right into the hot summer doldrums (just like Sussex); picturing sweltering out on that blacktop.
  It's going to be weird - I've been going to that Hamfest in the same location since the 70's.  Haven't heard anything about why they moved it, but parking was always problematic at the old place. Looking at this new place in the Google satellite view, though, it doesn't look like there's going to be a whole lot more parking space, once you account for the outdoor flea area.  We'll see in July.

"Gosh, Batman, I never knew there were no punctuation marks in alphabet soup!"
—Robin, in the 1960's Batman TV series.
AJ1G
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2020, 07:22:23 PM »

XYL Diane used to go to craft shows at the Royal Plaza in Marlborough in late October.  Not sure if they are still happening, number of craftspeople and attendees seemed to be falling off a few years ago. As I recall, there a a number of parking lots strung along the south side of US20 both up the hill to the east and down to the west.  Easy access off I-290 and 495.  Indoor exhibition hall not huge.

Chris, AJ1G
Stonington, CT
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015