The AM Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:14:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UTC CG-301 Connection Information Needed - FOUND  (Read 1745 times)
Jim/WA2MER
Contributing

« on: December 13, 2019, 03:51:33 PM »

I have a CG-301 transformer that I need the terminal connections for. None of the UTC catalogs have that information, and I've not been able to find any information on the web apart from the voltage ratings. Can anyone here help? Thanx.

Jim

Anything worth doing is worth doing to excess.
Since you have to die anyway, you might as well die from something you like.
W3GMS
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2019, 04:51:36 PM »

Hi Jim,
I found a lot of UTC catalogs online that lists what the transformer is concerning its various voltages.   Saying that, none of the catalogs had the transformer pin out.  I found pin outs for many of UTC audio transformers, but none for their power transformers.   Since the spec's spell out the primary voltage taps and ranges, I think you could buzz it out pretty well with an ohm meter.  Same goes with the secondary.  When you think you have it figured out, put some low voltage on the primary and verify that the secondary voltages will be correct when you apply full primary voltage.
Joe-GMS

Simplicity is the Elegance of Design---W3GMS
Jim/WA2MER
Contributing

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2019, 05:18:28 PM »

Hi Joe:

I had the same experience as you, namely finding information for the audio transformers but not for the power transformers. Many of the UTC units have the connections screened on the case, but not with my unit (of course).

I just finished buzzing out the xfmr and determined the taps and pinouts for myself, then applied primary voltage and confirmed my findings. I was hoping for the easy way out, but I was impatient and got off my duff to figure it out. I now have a transformer for my screen supply. It's overkill with regard to current capability and size, but it's on hand so I'll use it. It's the one that Bill gave me thinking it was a mod xfmr.

Jim

Jim/WA2MER
Contributing

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2019, 08:26:23 AM »

Kindly provided by K5UJ for all CG Series transformers. I posted it in the Printed Material section.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015