The AM Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:43:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Class E forum  (Read 2169 times)
W9BHI

« on: November 13, 2023, 06:53:30 PM »

Looks like this forum has died.
KD1SH

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2023, 12:51:58 PM »

I have yet to venture into Class E, but I read the forum on occasion, and given the lack of forum activity and the decrease in availability of many of the classic components, I'm wondering if maybe I've missed the boat, and the days of Class E radio design itself are numbered. I always figured that lack of parts would consign hollow-state to the history books first, but maybe Class E will precede it.

"Gosh, Batman, I never knew there were no punctuation marks in alphabet soup!"
—Robin, in the 1960's Batman TV series.
kn4vxc

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2023, 01:46:58 PM »

I've not posted anything here, but I (for one) am working on a class D AM transmitter with PWM modulator, inspired by what I've read here and where posts here have pointed. The details are a little different than the radios I've seen described here. I'm trying to see how far I can get using integrated high-side and low-side gate drivers for voltage-mode Class D. I'll write it up if I get some decent results to report. In the meantime the postings here are a great starting point for folks wanting to make something using class E or class D techniques.
W1DAN
Contributing

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2023, 03:05:52 PM »

Hi:

I think most people who had wanted to build a Class E transmitter have done so. A few are working on them now and I need to fix one of mine...

There is still activity.

Dan
w9jsw
Two shots of Whisky
Contributing

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2023, 03:48:44 PM »

I have an 80M H-Bridge that I have working at 89% efficiency for 380W out of 4 Mosfets - Wolfspeeds. Waiting for W9BHI to get some new boards for a 2 phase driver where I will be able to adjust the waveforms to get the efficiency up higher. So, some activity...

John
steve_qix
Contributing

Bap!

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2023, 09:11:00 AM »

There are people building new class E rigs, however they are not posting or active in this forum.

Like the one that Wayne WA1SSJ built, and pictures of same are posted in the QSO section.

What we REALLY need is a kit.  People can build if the mechanical implementation is more or less available.  That is most of the work (the mechanical, physical implementation).  All of the electrical and RF design was done quite a while ago.

High Power, Broadcast Audio and Low Cost?  Check out the class E web site at: http://www.classeradio.org
M0VRF

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2024, 10:12:09 AM »

I'm still busy building stuff.

CMCD using modern GaN and SiC devices.

However I'd rather sell them than publish the designs.

Nothing special anyway as all this has been around for some years now.

Devices have improved considerably with cheap GaN power devices.

Re supplying a kit, all my designs are SMT, more than happy to supply bare PCBs but guess most folk find SMT impossible to do?

J.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015