The AM Forum
April 18, 2024, 03:55:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1938 Frank C. Jones 1KW transmitter  (Read 2056 times)
W2ZE
« on: November 18, 2019, 03:31:46 PM »

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1I8yr1dI_WVyzyRztGsJI3iDHz2CL5STG?usp=sharing

All:

Here is a link for viewing pictures of my father's 1937 Frank C.Jones transmitter. This transmitter was built and sold by Frank Jones, editor of the Radio Handbook and Radio magazine back before WW2. This transmitter was featured in Radio Magazine in the January issue of 1938. The transmitter is a pair of 100TH's in the RF modulated by a pair of 100TH's. It is crystal controlled using a 6L6 oscillator, 35T driver. The transmitter has been in my father's garage where it was used up until about 6 years ago. It comes with all the tubes, transformers and supplies. The mod transformer is a UTC VM-5, pre war version of the CVM-5 transformer. The rig also comes with the original magazine featuring this transmitter, so the new owner will have a schematic and operational details concerning this transmitter. It also comes with about 15 or so handwritten letters from Frank Jones himself to the new owner C.M (Charlie) Reynolds from Binghamton, NY. Mr.Reynolds owned the transmitter until death, when my father and I acquired it. It also comes with a pair of spare 100TH's. The transmitter is located at my OM's QTH at zip code 14527 (Penn Yan, NY). The rig stands at about 6 1/2 feet, and weighs about 600 LBs. My father and I moved this transmitter, so 2 guys can handle this thing, so long as it is kept upright. I am asking 2000 USD. Any questions, I can be reached at my email at: mike dot raide at gmail dot com or DM here on AM phone. Thanks.

Mike, W2ZE
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015