The AM Forum
March 28, 2024, 07:22:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ? 40 meters in the Pacific NorthWest ?  (Read 4794 times)
WV Hoopie
« on: April 25, 2005, 01:58:11 PM »

For the last few days I've been montitoring the 75 & 40 meter phone bands. Lots of AM signals on 75 at night. Just using a short piece of wire in the house for now.

Haven't heard any activity on 40 meters?? Lots of lurkers must read the threads. So.................where is the 40 meter activity in the Pacific NorthWest? Should have a station on the air by late May and its time to measure the back yard for some type of antenna.

Tnx,
     Craig
KL7OF

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2005, 08:30:32 PM »

Hoopie.....Do you have a call sign?....    Where in the Pacific NW are you?
There is 40 meter activity on 7290....75 Meter freq is 3870 ...Gud Luk...Steve KL7OF Tum Tum,WA
W1IA

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2005, 08:44:17 PM »

Craig..I operate 40 meter AM from time to time...would like to try working you somtime. I run a 2 element 40 meter wire array at 60 ft...have heard west coast many times late at nite.

73 Brent W1IA

Run What Ya Brung!
WV Hoopie
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2005, 10:51:08 PM »

Hello All,

The call has been WD8KDG since 1977, lived in the northern panhandle of West by God Virginia until 1995. The company I retired from relocated me to So-Cal in 95. No HF station in So-Cal, association wouldn't like it.

Steve, I hear you 5X9 in Springfield, OR. Your 813's make the short trip south easily. Brent, I don't recall ever working you while living in WV. Had to give up the HF station around 1984, XYL wanted to finish the downstairs into a family room for the kids. Sold everything except some test equipment at a fester.

The back yard here in Oregon is small, with a real nice shack; insulated, drywall, windows, and hardwood floor. Even came with an electricial sub-panel wired for 220. Too bad the wiring from the main house is only #12, wish it were about #6, that would run a Collins 20V2!! Should be able to fit a 40 meter dipole fed with open-wire between the trees and house.  

Last December through January I rebuilt a Johnson 500 and during March I restored a R-390A. Going to work on a few other things the next few weeks (steelhead fishing). Sometime during mid-May the son-in-law will help move the power supply for the Junkston 500 out to the shack and perform the tree climbing needed for the antenna.

73's
     Craig,
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015