The AM Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:47:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nearfest?  (Read 3613 times)
AJ1G
Contributing

« on: October 06, 2019, 02:00:21 PM »

AMFone has been unusually quiet on this subject so far this fall. Forecast starting to look iffy.  Not that a little of the R word will keep me from going.  No announcement re the dinner at Johnson’s Steak and Seafood in Northwood yet?  The spring dinner was quite the event. 

Chris, AJ1G
Stonington, CT
W2PFY
Contributing

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2019, 04:47:34 PM »

Well according to the Weather Channel APT on me computer the long deranged forecast calls for a 40 percent chance of rain on each day? Those are rather good odds that it won't rain in that there is a sixty percent change that it won't rain! 

The secrecy of my job prevents me from knowing what I am doing.
Steve - K4HX
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2019, 09:28:25 PM »

I hope it doesn't rain, I'm going!
Todd, KA1KAQ
Administrator

AMbassador

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2019, 10:07:31 AM »

AMFone has been unusually quiet on this subject so far this fall. Forecast starting to look iffy.  Not that a little of the R word will keep me from going.  No announcement re the dinner at Johnson’s Steak and Seafood in Northwood yet?  The spring dinner was quite the event.  

I always announce the dinner the week of the event, Chris. That way it doesn't potentially get shoved down the list by announcements for hamfests a month away or such.

Most folks are probably busy getting ready for winter or otherwise dealing with life. Down here we're still recovering from our most recent move with plenty of unpacking and updating still to do. Moved in July 26th, just got the first HF receiver(GRR-5) hooked up 2 nights ago. Not a lot of time to post online!

As for possibilities of rain, you're dead on: folks who go to NEAR-Fest go there for the event, not the weather. It's always preferable to have nice WX, but it's not like we're planning a beach party after all.  Wink

Looking forward to it - hope to see you and the rest of the gang there. Already have some interesting iron lined up to haul home.

known as The Voice of Vermont in a previous life
AJ1G
Contributing

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2019, 10:14:08 AM »

Thanks Todd!  I see the posting for the dinner is now up in the announcements threads. Looking forward to see everyone there.

Chris, AJ1G
Stonington, CT
W3GMS
Contributing

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2019, 04:34:36 PM »

We are very sad that we will not make it this time around.  Its just too far to make it twice per year, so Martha and I have committed to attending once per year.  See you all in the Fall of 2020.

The Friday Night AM dinner is a real treat and quite a long tradition!   The service and food is great at Johnson's Steak and Seafood.   

As Todd said, who cares if it rains!  Its all about getting together and having fun. 

So all of you have a great time. 

Joe-W3GMS   

Simplicity is the Elegance of Design---W3GMS
WU2D
Contributing

CW is just a narrower version of AM

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2019, 05:52:45 PM »

Chris! Nice to work you last evening! I will be at the Nearfester, no fail, so I will look for you.  I have to bring the little Ameco back for sale after its restorative surgery and tune up. I have a bunch of goodies that I am hauling over. I usually sell about every 3 sessions cause the shack just fills up!

* Little_Ameco.jpg (368.86 KB, 1270x859 - viewed 324 times.)

* TX86_Front.jpg (706.05 KB, 4379x2970 - viewed 345 times.)

These are the good old days of AM
WA1LGQ
Contributing

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2019, 12:20:16 PM »

I want to come up on Saturday if the weather is not horribly bad. I can handle some rain, but no downpours please. Maybe I will drag up a few spare items to sell. Time to pass on goodies that I will never use.
LB
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015