The AM Forum
March 28, 2024, 03:48:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Links Staff List Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who is the easiest AMer to operate on?  (Read 8588 times)
AB2EZ

"Season's Greetings" looks okay to me...

« on: April 23, 2005, 08:37:52 AM »

After spending the last two weeks fixing all of the self-inflicted problems I found in my 2-FET Class E rig... I went to my favorite local bar to have a glass of wine. While sitting there, I overheard a conversation among three medical doctors ... who obviously had already consumed a few drinks... regarding who are the easiest ham radio operators to perform surgery on.

The first doctor argued that "the easist ham radio operators to operate on are the ones who hang out in the mornings on 3880kHz. These are the ones who operate old military boat anchors and homebrew tube rigs. You cut open one of those guys... and all of the parts inside are numbered"

The second doctor said "You're wrong. The easiest ham radio operators to operate on are the guys who hang out in the late afternoons around 3990kHz. These are the ones with the modern Class E rigs. You open up one of those guys... and all of the parts inside are numbered and color-coded.

The third doctor said "You guys are both wrong. The easiest ham radio operators to operate on are the guys who hang out all day on 3885 kHz. There are several, in particular, who you can open up, and all you will find inside are a mouth and an a#@hole... and the two parts are fully interchangable.

Best regards
Stu

Stewart ("Stu") Personick. Pictured: (from The New Yorker) "Season's Greetings" looks OK to me. Let's run it by the legal department
k4kyv
Contributing Member
Don

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2005, 10:21:17 AM »

Are you sure wine was the only thing you had at that bar?

Don, K4KYV                                       AMI#5
Licensed since 1959 and not happy to be back on AM...    Never got off AM in the first place.

- - -
This message was typed using the DVORAK keyboard layout.
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak
Ed KB1HVS

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2005, 05:00:48 AM »

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: Good one!

KB1HVS. Your Hi Value Station
Jack-KA3ZLR-
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2005, 05:28:44 AM »

:lol: Crack me up....ya gotta be quick on the "Draw" around these parts Pardners... :lol:
GEORGE/W2AMR
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2005, 10:59:46 AM »

Quote from: k4kyv
Are you sure wine was the only thing you had at that bar?

In this case its spelled Whine.
Herb K2VH

Pennsylvanian shaking hands with Yankee

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2005, 11:57:11 AM »

Ah yes, the advantage of interchangeable parts.  That must be in the Constitution somewhere!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

K2 Very Hilarious

K2VHerb
First licensed in 1954 as KN2JVM  
On AM since 1955;on SSB since 1963

"Just because your voice reaches halfway around the world doesn't mean you are wiser than when it reached only to the end of the bar."
--Edward R. Murrow
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

AMfone - Dedicated to Amplitude Modulation on the Amateur Radio Bands
 AMfone © 2001-2015